What You've Just Bought!

Got paid and paid a load of debt. Bills. Debts and essentials. In one hand and straight out the other. Sickened.

We did the same with our tax refund. In and out on the same day. The good part is that we retired three bills with it. Had just enough left to have a celebration dinner.

Bought a RPi Zero wifi and a mini screen, going to try making a custom "smart watch" that's not so much a watch and more a wearable mini PC.

I've been looking for a WiFi RPi Zero. Nowhere has it in stock (that isn't in a bundle of some sort) :tongue:

Yah it sucks when you get paid and straight away you gotta pay off like $700 of credit card debt to avoid the interest :(

At the minute I'm putting about £3-400 a month on repaying debts. Definitely eating away at it and still have mostly enough money to enjoy myself so I don't always feel like it's in one hand and immediately out the other. Plus each month I have slightly more money since I'm paying less interest and such, though I'm doing the waterfall method so putting that extra money straight into more debt repayments :p

Last edited:
I'm so bad at saving money... too much in life interests me :\ there is always something I want, and I have the money..soo... I buy it :p I am going to start doing Cisco/Micro certs though, so I can earn enough money to buy and save. I'm saving a bit each month generally, but not as much as i'd like.

The guy next to me at work is great at saving money. He always asks why I struggle. But then he does NOTHING. No hobbies, just goes home and watches TV.

I like cars, bikes, PCs, tv's, VR, food, games, skiing, RC stuff, guns, cameras... I am not a good poor person :(

Last edited:
I'm so bad at saving money... too much in life interests me :\ there is always something I want, and I have the money..soo... I buy it :p I am going to start doing Cisco/Micro certs though, so I can earn enough money to buy and save. I'm saving a bit each month generally, but not as much as i'd like.

The guy next to me at work is great at saving money. He always asks why I struggle. But then he does NOTHING. No hobbies, just goes home and watches TV.

I like cars, bikes, PCs, tv's, VR, food, games, skiing, RC stuff, guns, cameras... I am not a good poor person :(

I feeeeeel you there dude. My buddy/co-worker just turned 30 today, and bout 2-3 months ago bought a house, brand new appliances, a full Oculus setup, PS4 Pro, massive TV, and a $1700 cat (Scottish Fold I think). No debt but the house. He's even got 5 different CCs, some of which the banks for are "threatening" to cancel due to inactivity. $5k or more limits on each. No idea how he does it. I pay rent on my apt and have less than $1k in one fell swoop.

I feeeeeel you there dude. My buddy/co-worker just turned 30 today, and bout 2-3 months ago bought a house, brand new appliances, a full Oculus setup, PS4 Pro, massive TV, and a $1700 cat (Scottish Fold I think). No debt but the house. He's even got 5 different CCs, some of which the banks for are "threatening" to cancel due to inactivity. $5k or more limits on each. No idea how he does it. I pay rent on my apt and have less than $1k in one fell swoop.
It's pretty easy if you manage your money right. Also helps if you make a lot, but you don't have to make 6 figures to do all that.

Back
Top Bottom