What You've Just Bought!

I've never seen the appeal of these things, Google Home included. I never use the voice activation on my phone, I don't think I'd ever use one of these in my home :tongue: Intriguing concept though. It would be nice if it could just read breaking news or something.

EDIT: On topic.
Bought two paintings for home.

I use voice all the time, particularly when cooking. Just shouting stuff like "whats XXXX in XXXX" kind of conversions. Or "start timer" etc etc etc

I exclusively use voice for navigation, just because it's easier to open Google Now and tell it to walk me somewhere than to find the Maps app in the app drawer.

I rarely ever use voice... Though I do have Commandr installed to open up a wider variety of voice commands if I did indeed want to use voice commands.

Not bought but, damn, might have to pick up the 860 PRO or EVO.

3500MB/s reads

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I had noticed that the PM961 and SM961 had popped up on Scan with their absurdly high reads, but I can't see the 860 Pro/Evo anywhere?

I had noticed that the PM961 and SM961 had popped up on Scan with their absurdly high reads, but I can't see the 860 Pro/Evo anywhere?

960*

They're not out til October. Thing is it still draws nearly 9W of power like the 950, so it'll probably still degrade when it gets hot (which it does pretty easily).

Honestly i'd be happy with 960 Pro in a PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot in single slot form factor, that way they can put a heatsink and small fan on. Resembling something like a thin 8800GT.

Bought 3rd party insurance for my car, can now safely drive without worrying what'll happen if I hit some guy's mercedes!
Total amount spent on car now sitting at $1,193.50, I've had it all of 2 months and not driven it once :p sigh

Also bought some accommodation for the trip to Europe coming up, we'll be staying in Deptford just below London for a little while.

960*

They're not out til October. Thing is it still draws nearly 9W of power like the 950, so it'll probably still degrade when it gets hot (which it does pretty easily).

Honestly i'd be happy with 960 Pro in a PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot in single slot form factor, that way they can put a heatsink and small fan on. Resembling something like a thin 8800GT.
Just get a wings PX1 for it, it's what I plan to do once I'm out of this daycare financial disaster. Then toss a 1TB M.2 in the slot on the board.

Has anyone else here bought or used an Amazon Echo ?

Mine just arrived but considering this 7 microphone array advanced tech they talk about, it seems pretty unreliable at picking me up, especially when playing music. I have to speak to it loudly (far louder than I would normally converse to someone, even across the room), and if music is playing on the Echo, even quietly, I pretty much have to semi shout at it. It makes it feel pretty awkward to use.

GoRuck GR2 40L to replace my 21L GR1. Maor space! Tired of carrying on that and a bag for flights. Hopefully I can fit everything I need for my two day / three day trips in there.

Also Civilization VI preorder. So excited for this one. Beyond Earth was alright but it was no Civ V or IV

Back
Top Bottom