what your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NewCents05 said:
lol do you play gran turismo 4 3 2 or 1 lol cause all the evos and nsx and skylines and imprezas are at 276hp so i dunno kind of a weird exact number for all of them lol
Japnese carmakers always underrate their sports car's engine power for legal reasons. 276hp is the average amount of power that most of their sports cars make, but usually actual wheel horsepower is more than 276.
If I remember correctly, I read a magazine that said when a car manufacturer wants to sell a car in Japan that has an extremely high power rating, they have to pay a certain kind of tax. Thats why normal car makers like Toyota and Mitsubishi who don't specifically make super cars, but still produce sports cars, must give their cars a lower power rating to avoid this sort of tax they would otherwise pay.
This is why these cars don't sell well in America. American car manufacturers usually OVERrate their engines to appeal to buyers. So when a consumer thinks the American cars are making more power, they overlook the underrated super imports.

P.P. Mguire said:
Yup :) Lancers can come up to 400bhp stock so i dont see how you can say they are slow :confused:

Cars are starting to steadily become heavier and heavier for safety and luxury reasons. PLUS the cars are very detuned for US specs.

You can buy a perfectly fine stock Evo Lancer8 in the UK stock rated at 400bhp. I think the price was 40k or something like that. No extra weight, no under rate, no notta. Pure 400bhp 4 banger w/ a turbo and 4 wheel drive.

P.P. Mguire said:
You can buy a perfectly fine stock Evo Lancer8 in the UK stock rated at 400bhp. I think the price was 40k or something like that. No extra weight, no under rate, no notta. Pure 400bhp 4 banger w/ a turbo and 4 wheel drive.

Oooooh UK! Thats a little different then :D
Darn Europeans get all the good cars!:mad:

rides.jpg

here's the daily driver...</P>

l2k.jpg
</P>

and the weekend cruiser...</P>

<OBJECT id=Player height=240 width=320 classid=CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6><PARAM NAME="URL" VALUE="http://kirkmears.com/DNN/Portals/0/Media/single.wmv"><PARAM NAME="rate" VALUE="1"><PARAM NAME="balance" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="currentPosition" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="defaultFrame" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="playCount" VALUE="1"><PARAM NAME="autoStart" VALUE="-1"><PARAM NAME="currentMarker" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="invokeURLs" VALUE="-1"><PARAM NAME="baseURL" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="volume" VALUE="50"><PARAM NAME="mute" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="uiMode" VALUE="full"><PARAM NAME="stretchToFit" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="windowlessVideo" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="enabled" VALUE="-1"><PARAM NAME="enableContextMenu" VALUE="-1"><PARAM NAME="fullScreen" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="SAMIStyle" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="SAMILang" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="SAMIFilename" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="captioningID" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="enableErrorDialogs" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="_cx" VALUE="8467"><PARAM NAME="_cy" VALUE="6350"></OBJECT></P>

i crashed this one many years ago, but it was really fun...</P>
91hatch.jpg

P.P. Mguire said:
w/e same thing.

Well...... lol Not quite. :p

4 wheel drive (4WD) means that there is a transfer case that allows the driver to switch between 2wd and 4wd. This is commonly seen on Trucks.

All wheel drive (AWD) is typically seen in cars. It means that all four wheels get power at all times.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom