What to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

WastedYouth

Baseband Member
Ok, im 18, and really im ok on computers that saying i can solve many problems on my own and format and stuff but im not good past that and really complex stuff and im not good.. but i am due to start a course (computer science) at uni, this involves programming... what you guiys rekon is a good idea to learn or at least get some background knowledge on?

Visual Basic and PHP have served me well, or Javascript is pretty easy to learn. C or C++ are harder but most commercial programs are written in C, C++, or something similar.

cool, well along the way ive learnt a bit (i mean v small) amount of both C++ and Basic, but what another questions is, is what will be the language in your opinion in like 3 years wen i get out of uni???

depends on what you want to do, if you wanna do something with editing, network monitoring or just every day things i suggest perl, its great, small runs on anything and its used for little scripts to get jobs done fast and efficently. just my opinion i like perl :)

ive heard c++ is being phased out in favor of c#. not sure about that though. thats what my programming teacher said. so maybe learn c#.

o right ive never actually heard of c#, but if i did learn it what would you say is best way to learn? like out of a book, or some other way? bearing in mind, im doing 4 a- levels and have a 20+ hour per week job and time is not really readily availabe....

a book would probably be the best way, but also the most time consuming. ive found they tend to explain things a little more in depth than tutorials on the net.

right... well thanks for the help.. ill prolly look into c# ive been hearing that its being longhorn... hmm :S k so anyway thanx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom