What phone should I buy?

Basically anything but apple.
I'm interested in getting an iPhone but i do still think their products are overpriced for what you actually get. I like how they at least appear to be worth the amount you pay, i have seen some android phones that cost exactly the same as an iPhone but lack that premium look that says they are worth that £275 pricetag.

I'm interested in getting an iPhone but i do still think their products are overpriced for what you actually get.
Most top-end smartphones are, these days. In terms of performance most mid-tier (£250-400) phones compete very well with those in the £400-700 bracket.

Most top-end smartphones are, these days. In terms of performance most mid-tier (£250-400) phones compete very well with those in the £400-700 bracket.
True but maybe its just my opinion but when i see a Samsung Galaxy S7 for example i just dont think it looks attractive enough to be worth that much, i know the software is great and all but people will see the hardware first and i wouldnt want to pay a large amount of money for something that people may think is actually cheap

So you want form/design over function. Sounds like you'd fit right in with a typical Apple customer ;).

My company phone is a 5c and I hate everything about it.

SAME! i hate it so much that someone was upgrading to an Apple 5s at work and I swapped my 5s for their HTC 8S windows 8 phone. :cool:

People at work said I was mad because they mostly are apple fans...

Bingo. There is very little reason to go for the top-end of the phone spectrum nowadays. The only reason is if you just have to have the latest/greatest/bestest of what is available. My current phone is a mid-range model from last year and can still hang with the big boys.

True but maybe its just my opinion but when i see a Samsung Galaxy S7 for example i just dont think it looks attractive enough to be worth that much, i know the software is great and all but people will see the hardware first and i wouldnt want to pay a large amount of money for something that people may think is actually cheap

The first rule: Never pay for a name. Some of Samsung's stuff is nice and nifty but a lot of it is indistinguishable from 90% of all the others out there, but with a nice price increase because of the name on the phone itself. As long as you take the necessary precautions (verify that the phone will work on your network, make sure the phone has the needed wireless bands, etc.) you can go with any of the other names that are not Samsung/Sony/LG/whatever.

SAME! i hate it so much that someone was upgrading to an Apple 5s at work and I swapped my 5s for their HTC 8S windows 8 phone. :cool:

People at work said I was mad because they mostly are apple fans...

I wish we had the option. They moved us from Sprint flip phones to AT&T Fire phones originally, but decided that the Fire phone could not be locked down tight enough. So they moved us to the iPhone 5c. Oh happy frigging day. I only use the 5c for some phone calls within the company (it has all the phone numbers in it), otherwise I use my Zenfone 2 for everything else (majority of phone calls, doing my paperwork online, etc.).

The problem with Android phones is you need top hardware to get performance due to how the OS utilizes the hardware and deals with apps, but with that you need a tablet size damn screen to house said hardware and the battery to run it.

The 5c is a turd because it's 4s/4 hardware with a 5 name. The 6s is amazing because of the storage and OS. Don't need as much hardware thus not needing a large battery. The iPhone SE is 6s hardware with a small screen for half the price.

The problem with Android phones is you need top hardware to get performance due to how the OS utilizes the hardware and deals with apps, but with that you need a tablet size damn screen to house said hardware and the battery to run it.

The 5c is a turd because it's 4s/4 hardware with a 5 name. The 6s is amazing because of the storage and OS. Don't need as much hardware thus not needing a large battery. The iPhone SE is 6s hardware with a small screen for half the price.
I went to a phone shop yesterday and looked at the 5s and SE , i just think Apple is a complete scam more than i did before because iPhones do not have SD card slots which i always use with my phones because its great giving your phone more space and they don't allow you to download illegal music just so that you will purchase music on iTunes. Both the 5s and SE are tiny compared to most phones, why pay so much money for a 4.7 inch screen when you could get a 5 inch screen for the same price? Im definitely sticking with android now. I think it would of been so much better if they made the 5 Plus instead of SE but then less people would but the 6.

NOT to mention the patent on apple making their own AUX cable... what BS.

Plus the patent on storing all finger prints in the cloud so "Its easier for users upgrading to new iphones" lol bs...

Android or Microsoft phones, then what ever model suits your needs.

Back
Top Bottom