What language is this?

Baker

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

I apologize in advance for the rookie post, but a friend sent me a snippet of ... something ... from one of his companies programs. I have no idea what this is written it.

It isn't code. He asked me to find out "what it does", but I don't believe it does anything... it is just a list of data values, but I don't know what it is written in.

It uses the pound sign (#) for hints, and for some reason the word 'input' is before every variable.

What is this?

Thank you, and sorry again for the noobish post.

-Baker

Very sorry! Slip of the mind!

#Inputs
input VAH = 0.00;#Hint VAH: Must be manually entered daily,
tinyurl.com/3mv
input POC = 0.00;#Hint POC: Must be manually entered daily,
tinyurl.com/3mv
input VAL = 0.00;#Hint VAL: Must be manually entered daily,
tinyurl.com/3mv
input Pivot = 0.00;#Hint Pivot: Must be manually entered daily,
tinyurl.com/3mv
input AutoPivots = yes;#Hint AutoPivots: Turns off pivot lines, value area stays on.

Well your right in not doing anything besides declaring some variables or requesting input to adjust/set the variable value.

No idea what language though.

You're right. It is related to stock trading. Could you please tell me how you knew this?

Also, the question still remains on what language this is, if anyone knows...

You're right. It is related to stock trading. Could you please tell me how you knew this?

Google-fu :tongue: I took your code there and pasted it into Google and it was one of the top results.

I was just about to post this after about 5 minutes of googling. The program that I found was the Thinkorswim trading platform, though.

This thread is proof that google-fu is a real skill. :)

Indeed it is; necessary skill for any programmer or IT tech :p.

Back
Top Bottom