What kind of mouse do YOU use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The copperhead/diamondback shape is unlike that of many mouses and it is quite low to the table. It can be uncomfortable for the first few weeks of using, until you figure out where best to rest your fingers etc. but its well worth it.

Logitech G5 on a high quality surface owns. Bought this after copperhead got... well um "owned" at a LAN. Love this one even more

Just ordered a green copperhead and a razer exactmat.....I hope i like them.....i am switching from a logitech mx 510.

I actually use a Logitech TrackMan Wheel. It took me a while to get used to using my thumb to move the pointer (or view in FPS's), but I really like it now. I've been using it for years. I have a hard time using a regular mouse now!!

Does mouse actually affect performance in your gaming THAT MUCH? Should I actually buy that Razer mouse?

I ask because I play warcraft 3 a strategy game and if the mouse will help then why not?

A batter mouse will not revolutionize your gaming, but it will make a difference.

The Razors are fast and accurate, with a high DPI which can be adjusted to your own tastes. Plus, they look cool. :D

Does mouse actually affect performance in your gaming THAT MUCH? Should I actually buy that Razer mouse?

I ask because I play warcraft 3 a strategy game and if the mouse will help then why not?

I think the real application of "gaming" mouses is FPS games, the high DPI means you have to move less and can bring your x-hair onto the target quicker.

For the Record:

After rooting around, I noticed that my standard mouse software allows the mapping of a "Precision Booster." When enabled, it allows me to switch instantly from whatever my current sensitivity is to a percentage of that sensitivity.

So, for example, when using my mouse for everyday work, I have it set at one level. But when gaming, I could crank up the sensitivity to max, called "pointer speed" in Microsoft's mouse driver software. With this button mapped to precision booster, when I click it in-game, the sensitivity drops to from 10 to 90 percent of its current settings. And this works just fine for sniping in Quake 4.

I just thought I ought to put this out here, for all of you who, like me, are financially... trying not to spend too much.

Try it.

Good point, Steel.

Actually, I bought my mouse second-hand, and got a great price for it. Plus, I get emails with great prices daily and pass along good deals on gaming mice when I find them. Check the Buy/Sell/Trade forum often, because several will post killer deals when they are found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom