What kind of mouse do YOU use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Razers do look nice, and the Blue Diamondback will go GREAT with my new rig. But where are all the buttons? I have to have forward/back buttons on my mouse for work/web. Does the Diamondback have that? I can't see them. (I can see them on the death adder) Where the **** are 7 buttons on the Diamondback?

Also, does higher DPI really matter? I'm planning on enjoying a lot of FPS games, but I've never thought there was anything wrong with my MS Intellimouse optical... does the mouse matter that much?

Logitech MX518, before that some generic Microsoft mouse. This was my favorite mouse before the Logitech G5 redesign (the one with the extra side button). I've had for a long time, the logitech logo on the center is almost worn off, but it's still working just fine.

The side buttons on the Diamondback are built into the side ridge. The buttons on the Copperhead and Death Adder are better placed.

I have big hands and love my Razer. I don't need my entire hand to rest on the mouse. I use my index and middle fingers, with my thumb for the left side buttons. I use my wrist for moving my mouse... not my whole arm.

Logitech MX500 is the best that i've used.
I have G5 but older model like MX500 is much better in terms of the feel and how they are constructed. (G5 uses cheaper wheel and plastic surface)

I bought a Logitech MX1000 about a month ago to replace my old packard bell optical and ive very impressed, i use it for normal net browsing and around windows etc and for playing Battlefield 2142, far cry amongst others and its brilliant, very accuarate, good for big hands with a nice thumb rest so your hand doesnt feel sore after hours of gaming, the 3 level L.E.D battery indicator is a nice touch aswell, means you never run out mid game or something.
And i also like the fact that it doesnt have any batterys to play around with as the battery is built into it :D

Yeah, the Razers do look nice, and the Blue Diamondback will go GREAT with my new rig. But where are all the buttons? I have to have forward/back buttons on my mouse for work/web. Does the Diamondback have that? I can't see them. (I can see them on the death adder) Where the **** are 7 buttons on the Diamondback?

Also, does higher DPI really matter? I'm planning on enjoying a lot of FPS games, but I've never thought there was anything wrong with my MS Intellimouse optical... does the mouse matter that much?

The higher DPI really does matter (atleast to me) mainly perhaps because you have to move the mouse much less to get the desired action. Like Trotter says, with diamondback you just move your wrist, the actual area you need to cover with the mouse on the mat during a game is tiny. I remember back before the diamondback came out I use to use an M$ intellimouse 4 - very comfortable mouse, but I remember having to do quite a mit of mouse lifting to get the desired range of movement and of course just upping the mouse speed settings looses your definition bacause of the low DPI (no good for those across map headshots with M4/AK).
Personally I think a high DPI mouse is essential for medium to high level play on serious FPS games like CSS.

The extra 4 buttons on the diamondback are on the rubber ridge you can see running around the mouse, the 2 on the right hand side are really hard to get to so I never use them but the two on the left side can be comfortably operated with the thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom