What is your worst Helpdesk/Tech Support Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
yashar said:
yea thats what i meant. if i was in ur shoes, i would probably tell him to take his business elsware... i wouldn't wanna deal with that non-sence.. but if he was payin top dollars, i'll just deal with it and shoot something later...

I get that all the time. I had some fool call me yesterday about a CMV 17" TFT Monitor (which is not a brand we regualy keep stock of) and the price matching I was going up against would of meant that I would be making $10.

Never did get around to retuning his call. I wounder why.

One of the most recent tech support calls to Testra Big Pond as been with there AT HOME ADSL BROADBAND DYI KIT.
If you read the manual word for word, and you do everything word for word, you will have you some of the following :-

1. A PCI network card hanging out side your PC case with an RJ-45 cable connected into it.
this is then followed by....

2. A USB/ETHERNET ADSL Modem connect to your PC via both your USB and RJ45 Connection.

And the people ring up saying that there interenet is not working.

Big Pond's AT HOME ADSL BROADBAND DYI KIT was support to be a cut cost measure so they did not have to subcontract people to go out of site for a 1/2 hour to connect people to the internet via ADSL. Instead... the end users are calling up tech support. And on average, it takes up to 3 days to get some one finally connected.

Hahah, that's funny and scary at the same time. There is a computer store where I live and they want to hire me because I brought in my computer and answered every damn question they asked me. Anyways, I hope I have the nerve to deal with dumb people.

I used to work for an ISP and took a call from a lady one day who was having troubles with the Internet.

After explaining that she could not see any pages in her browser, it was obvious to ask her if she was connected.

She replied: "Why would I need to connect, I downloaded the Internet yesterday!"

Now there's a storage system I want to see!

I really hated it when my last employeer (who to was extremely techincally challanged) asked me to explain every thing in the "Queens English" as he had NO IDEA what I was talking about with words like Zip Disk, Zip Drive.

Boss :- What the **** is a zip drive!!!!!!! You know I don't know these things.
Me :- :rolleyes: The big blue thing with the funny looking disks that you put lots and lots of accounting information on from the day's traiding!!!

Ha.. Queens English.... Hilarious...

I just remembered another one.

I was tasked to setup a conference room with the videoconferencing equipment that included a few computers, a camcorder and a TV/DVD/VCR Combo.

After I was done it was really Kickass, one of the directors comes in and looks at the camcorder (Its a Sony Digital Handicam with USB streaming video, uses the 8mm tapes) and askes where the VHS tape goes into...

I was like WHAT? They don't even make VHS Camcorders anymore, this is top of the line stuff.

Since she was afraid of the new technology, she decided to ask one of her 100 year old friends and she was able to find a VHS Camcorder complete with the little Black and White Viewer. She tossed the new camera asside and decided to use the old VHS camcorder.

The video was AWEFULL but...... when you are ignorant to the changes of technology, it looks the same as any other video.

I think that new camcorder is stuck in a storage room somewhere....

HA HA

I called Comcast about my cable internet and they kept telling me that my Direct TV was interfering with their internet and i should get their cable to fix the problem.

Yesterday's little episode :-

ME (on the phone) :- Hi. I have one of your Highlander Notebook here. I just need Sound and the Video driver. Could you please email it to me.
TECH :- What's the model and serial number, I need to check if it's under warranty or not.
ME :- It's a HL-270. It's not a warranty job otherwise I would of just given it to you. Could you please email me the Sound and Video Driver.
TECH :- I need the serial number, we need to check if it's under warranty or not.
ME :- It's not a warrany job. Could you please email me the driver file.
TECH :- Let me check if we have one in stock.
ME :- You need to check if it's in stock. It's a f**king driver file for f**ks sake. Just email it over. Trust me, I do know how to install a driver file.
TECH :- But we can not until we have the notebook serial number.
ME :- :rolleyes: :angry: FINE.... I just had enough of this $#!+. Is (CEO-For-Highlander-Notebook's Name) in the office?
TECH :- (PAUSES)
ME :- Are you going to email the file, or are you going to be transfer me over to (CEO-For-Highlander-Notebook's Name).
TECH :- But (CEO-For-Highlander-Notebook's Name) is not in the office.
ME :- That is okay, I have is mobile number. I will contact him on that. (About to hang up.)
TECH :- :eek: WAIT!! WAIT!! WAIT!! What's you email address again?
ME :- That's more like it.....

It's amazing what happens when you know a few names and a few direct telephone numbers.

HoLoCroN said:
Ha.. Queens English.... Hilarious...

The "Queen's English" and "Computer Technology Terms" do not mix.

Like that JERK that I was talking about in earlier posts.
Here another conversation :-
JERK :- What do you mean "DEFRAG"?
ME :- To put it simply, it speeds up your computer performance by organising your files
JERK :- But how do it do that?
ME :- ((Explains for 5 minutes the techical process of defragementation. Keeping everything in lameman's terms.)
JERK :- But how does it get that way in the first place.
ME :- (Explains for another 5 minutes the techical process of how a computer get fragemented in the first place. Again Keeping everything in lameman's terms.)
JERK :- You know, I have know idea what you are talking about there for the last 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom