What is the point in PC gaming at this point in the console life cycle?

Gaming consoles are too locked down. You really gotta use their applications the way they design them to be used. They force people into buying proprietary products like special head-sets, adapters and memberships. I own an Xbox one for my gaming on my couch.. a more laid back experience overall and compared to how much I use it - it costs more than my PC.

PC gives a bit more freedom in this regard. You can choose what market you want to buy from; steam, origin, uplay, ect, ect, ect... You can assemble components, build and upgrade parts which adds another whole level in addition to being able to find software for almost any function... Video editing? Go for it. Photoshop? Go for it. Physics simulations for space travel? Go for it. The PC freedom enables you to do everything but only the user can make that happen. I'm not saying there aren't platforms for the consoles that could do those things; I'm saying that the gamut of overall capacity for application and performance is far greater on a PC; and a much higher sense of accomplishment will accompany that capacity for learning.

Last edited:
the only reason people switch to console is because most of the games are not even available for PC.
companies force you to switch. and then you make up excuses such as" trying new things, want xbox etc"
job done lol

I don't know though. There aren't THAT many games that don't ALSO come out on PC, even if the PC release is delayed. I mean, at that point, you are paying not only the game price, but the price of the console to play it as well.

Like Titanfall.

If you wanted to play it right away, you would have spent nearly $500+. The cost of the game ($50 to $60 or so) and the cost of the console to play it ($450 to $500).

But I played other games in the mean time and now it's out on PC.

halo series?
how about one example
not just x box playstation and other consoles.

because people pirate the sht out of everything pc related...
but im not completely against it, I belive that it keeps game prices fair and breaks the monopoly a bit.
I mean if I was making a bank on something and someone cut into my profits I would do same as the music industry, try to cover the loophole.
that leaves both sides unhappy. a compromise would be to lower the prices.

but its easier to control people than trying to compromise since neither side will be ever satisfied. we want dirt cheap games, companies want higher profits for less work...

PS3= The last of US and some of the Uncharted series ?

Xbox = Halo stuff. Yes some of it is on PC- but not all.

This is just off the cuff quickly- I may be wrong- but even if you can play it on PC- they pretty much require a controller - not Keyboard/mouse. I tried "The Last of US" with keyboard /mouse= I Failed - the game worked - but the aim/jump/ and other movements and in game actions are meant for the controller. I came to a point in the game where you had to do too many things with the character quickly to be able to do it ( for me at least) - according to other it was even a very hard part when they played with a controller.

LOL- I was writing at the same time .

halo series?
how about one example
not just x box playstation and other consoles.

because people pirate the sht out of everything pc related...
but im not completely against it, I belive that it keeps game prices fair and breaks the monopoly a bit.
I mean if I was making a bank on something and someone cut into my profits I would do same as the music industry, try to cover the loophole.
that leaves both sides unhappy. a compromise would be to lower the prices.

but its easier to control people than trying to compromise since neither side will be ever satisfied. we want dirt cheap games, companies want higher profits for less work...
Piracy is more rampant on consoles to an extent. I'm not up and up on new gen though, but I do see the games get released for them so I'm sure there's a way to pirate new gen console games too.

PS3= The last of US and some of the Uncharted series ?

Xbox = Halo stuff. Yes some of it is on PC- but not all.

This is just off the cuff quickly- I may be wrong- but even if you can play it on PC- they pretty much require a controller - not Keyboard/mouse. I tried "The Last of US" with keyboard /mouse= I Failed - the game worked - but the aim/jump/ and other movements and in game actions are meant for the controller. I came to a point in the game where you had to do too many things with the character quickly to be able to do it ( for me at least) - according to other it was even a very hard part when they played with a controller.

LOL- I was writing at the same time .

Only console game I really care about is Halo, and so far MCC even though I want it really bad hasn't been enough to make me drop 400 on an Xbox One.

Like Titanfall.

If you wanted to play it right away, you would have spent nearly $500+. The cost of the game ($50 to $60 or so) and the cost of the console to play it ($450 to $500).

But I played other games in the mean time and now it's out on PC.
Titanfall was out at the same time as the Xbox release ;). I remember because I (unfortunately) bought it at release.

Piracy is more rampant on consoles to an extent. I'm not up and up on new gen though, but I do see the games get released for them so I'm sure there's a way to pirate new gen console games too.

This.

Piracy is just used as an excuse - and not a very good one.

i see console pirated copies pop online all the time and a week to 2 weeks earlier that pc pirated copies. there are great games for console only but the hell with that. im not buying every console to play em.

well now the actual number of consoles probably higher than gaming PC count its like when apple used to claim unhackable OS. mostly because nobody gave a sht about it and nobody wanted to bother hacking it. everyone was tearing apart windose

Only point to PC gaming for me is mainly MMOs and strategy games that you just do get and cant play on a console! The PC community is so different to the console community on any consoles, also there is alot more respectful and older PC gamers than on consoles as its full of annoying kids.

well now the actual number of consoles probably higher than gaming PC count its like when apple used to claim unhackable OS. mostly because nobody gave a sht about it and nobody wanted to bother hacking it. everyone was tearing apart windose
If you're going in the direction I think you are, console piracy has been around for quite a long time and pretty rampant. Before consoles needed to phone home for updates constantly it was exceptionally easy to play pirated games. Pay 20 bucks for a mod chip and you got free games for life on an Xbox basically. Run Homebrew, Linux, whatever. A 360 is as easy as flashing the DVD drive and figuring out how to burn the discs. They even have modded loaders where you can make the Xbox 360 read ISOs off a HDD or SSD. Even on consoles like PS1 and PS2 there were drive mods to play burned games.

The only issue piracy is of big concern now is because Hollywood started making a big stink about it and AAA developers decided to hop on that bandwagon as an excuse for terrible sales, terrible games, or botched releases.

Back
Top Bottom