what is the best antivirus software

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like kaspersky but the only thing I don't really like about it is that it scans really slow.

I don't like AVG because when I had it it was fully set up and updated and it still let in tones of viruses.

hygor said:
Well I bought another HD and decided to fresh install x64 on there... I kept my old windows x64 installed as I wanted to run a test...

Before I freshly installed windows I ran symantec corporate antivirus v10

..It said I had no viruses/threats...

I installed windows and bought a NOD32 licence

I ran a scan of NOD32 on my old windows install drive... It found four viruses... one of which was in a rar file that I had been given over six months ago

Having now been using NOD32 for almost a week... I can say this...
Its much quicker doing a full scan than Symantec,
It takes a lot less resources,
It automatically scans my email and stamps a proof of scan message at the bottom of each one recvieved.
It doesnt just look for known virii it also uses advanced heuristics to look for potential unknown virii.
It catches stuff as you visit a bad website... not after its already in your cache.
Its very easy to use.
Its cheaper than Symantec corp
On x64 it gives an option in the context menu to send a file to scan... I know this is standard on x86 but Symantec didnt do this on x64 so its a nice feature to have!

I think its awesome

do you still have the infected winrar file? I want to test it

Afraid I lost it when i deep formatted that partition... though NOD32 had already cleaned it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom