What is my Computer Worth?

B-29_Bomber

Solid State Member
Disclaimer: I'm not trying to sell my computer here, however, if this is the wrong forum for such a thread I apologize and hope that the mods will move it to the correct forum.

The computer in question is an 8 year old Gateway DX4710-05. It has 6GB of DDR2 RAM, an intel quad core 2.40 GHz processor, a 3TB after market HDD with WIN7 home premium (I think) installed.

All in all, it's a solid 8 year old computer.

I'm asking because I'm planning on selling it on Craigslist and wanted to know how much to list it as.

Again, sorry if this is the wrong forum.

What Is My Computer Worth?
If you thinking the financial things, then the current value is zero. But you can make to someone a lot of joy, if make a gift to someone.
Of course, I don't know how the things are in Yours country, but usually all goods are at least 75% cheaper from this moment, if You have paid for them. But if You said, eight years old, maybe somebody will give you one beer.
Perhaps some of museums will be interested?

Last edited:
Yup cars hold there value longer, My old system is fairly close to that age and I just keep it so if any guests want to get into some gaming they can play on lower settings while I use my system, but can't play a lot of the newer stuff, Although I did just get a free GTX 570 for it, but not sure if the SLI 470's are still better.

Id say that it would be worth £75/$100. it is worth something and i disagree with the fact that its worth zero. even an old win xp computer/laptop is worth ~$50 on ebay.

this laptop would most likely sell to a person who is not that tech savvy, just for normal everyday use. if youre going to sell it online, advertise it as 'fast', 'quad core', '6gb memory', '3tb hard drive', 'windows 7', etc.

Last edited:
Id say that it would be worth £75/$100. it is worth something and i disagree with the fact that its worth zero. even an old win xp computer/laptop is worth ~$50 on ebay.

this laptop would most likely sell to a person who is not that tech savvy, just for normal everyday use. if youre going to sell it online, advertise it as 'fast', 'quad core', '6gb memory', '3tb hard drive', 'windows 7', etc.
Anything is worth more on Ebay because people will literally buy junk. My TItan X's are worth about 500 bucks tops right now the way they are because of the market and what's currently out. On Ebay they'll still go for about 900 or so. In terms of literal worth on the market, something still running DDR2 really isn't worth anything. A Q6600 is still ok to browse and do basic functions, but the Intel GMA3100 in it will struggle quite a bit with modern browsing and hardware accelerated things.

Anything is worth more on Ebay because people will literally buy junk. My TItan X's are worth about 500 bucks tops right now the way they are because of the market and what's currently out. On Ebay they'll still go for about 900 or so. In terms of literal worth on the market, something still running DDR2 really isn't worth anything. A Q6600 is still ok to browse and do basic functions, but the Intel GMA3100 in it will struggle quite a bit with modern browsing and hardware accelerated things.

Lol I remember fighting with my pal over whether to get a Q6600 or E6850. In the end I went E6850 because better single threaded performance IIRC, at a time when multithreaded apps were few and far between. He went with the Q6600 instead and always boasted about his 4 cores, I think the only game it helped in was GTA4.

Lol I remember fighting with my pal over whether to get a Q6600 or E6850. In the end I went E6850 because better single threaded performance IIRC, at a time when multithreaded apps were few and far between. He went with the Q6600 instead and always boasted about his 4 cores, I think the only game it helped in was GTA4.

I did the exact same thing then sold it to a friend and upgraded to a 9500 I think it was, amazingly my friend is still using that 6850 with the 9800 GTX+ I sold him with it when I also got the GTX285 lol

I did the exact same thing then sold it to a friend and upgraded to a 9500 I think it was, amazingly my friend is still using that 6850 with the 9800 GTX+ I sold him with it when I also got the GTX285 lol
Idk how anybody can hang onto old stuff like that for everyday use.

Back
Top Bottom