What do you use for video conversion?

Spud5437

In Runtime
I know there is a sticky at the top about recommend software for tasks but it doesn't answer my question here.

I have been using ConvertXToDVD for years to convert and burn my videos and I use Handbreak to convert for use on my PS3 and IOS devices.

I have a TV that takes a usb drive to play media from but it requires the file to be divx or xvid avi files And I'm interested what you guys use for this conversion? I have a decent system and play on using the TV and usb drive for most playback down so what a program that can get the job done fast.

Thanks for any help

i've used virtual dub in the past to make xvid files. i'd imagine the software carnagex suggested would be easier to use though. I think virtualdub would be a more powerful editor though. it can do a lot of different things. i remember needing to add a delay to the audio on some files so the video was in sync with the audio. You can add so many different video and audio effects as well.

I've been having trouble with newer file formats and vdub recently though. personally im sticking with handbrake for most conversions.

For pure video conversion, i use the freeware Freemake Video Converter (can convert to avi) and Handbrake, but for convert videos with DRM, I choose to use Aimersoft DRM Media Converter, bought it and also worked quite well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know of a good, free video converter for Mac? I've tried a few for both Windows and Mac over the last while but none stood out..

Back
Top Bottom