what do i need to do next??(for the money)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=B$=-

In Runtime
hey guyz i am wondering what i need to upgrade next to better my gaming?!?!? but im only 14 yrs old and i need a bang for my buck. my specs are below.. plz help!

-=B$=- said:
hey guyz i am wondering what i need to upgrade next to better my gaming?!?!? but im only 14 yrs old and i need a bang for my buck. my specs are below.. plz help!

With those specs, the only real "upgrade" you need to do is possibly a video card upgrade, since the FX 5600 Ultra isn't really the best card for gaming.

Try the FX 5800 ultra or possibly ATI Radeon 9600 XT, since it is a great card for not too much money.

I would say either upgrade the hard drive or the processor. If you are low on cash than go for the hard drive. Get about 80+ gigs of space since games are taking up more and more memory. If you decide to upgrade the processor than chances are you are going to need to upgrade the motherboard too. But when you do get the money, go AMD athlon XP or Athlon 64. In my opinion, those are 2 of the best processors out there.

Yeah

Yeah- I don't think you probably need a new video card before anything else. You might try getting a new cpu and motherboard. I got a P4 2.8 and an Asus board for about $250, but you can get a faster AMD cpu with board for WAY cheaper!! Try to get a 64 bit! That will blow the computer competition away! What's your price range? If you list your range- I'm sure everyone could give you a list of good options. Other than that- your system still is pretty good!

-Eric

Ps- What games you plan on playin'?

That celeron will kill your gaming experiance. And you will get the most bang for your buck out of an AMD if you do decide to replace it.

Yes i agree i need a new processor. and i was looking at a 2.8C pentium 4 800mhz fsb. but with my slow memory (pc2100) i couldnt run my cpu at its full potential so i bougth some faster RAM! i bougth two sticks of 512mb pc3200 DDR400 kingston. and man these things HUAL!!!! so i am now saving my money for that 2.8C!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom