What Can Be Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press_Corpse

In Runtime
Alright folks,

That time of year again where we get a next to no activity as far as folding. I know I'm kind of new to the game, but I am trying to do my part to help.

What can we do to help boost folding? A Contest perhaps? I remember there being a thread about a dedicated rig just for folding. What parts have we acquired from that/reviews and what else do we need to have something solid to contribute?

I have a Chieftech case (I think) that I could send out. Its a full tower with a lot of space.

My brother asked me why I fold for such a small team when I could be folding for a large forum like Hard.. I responded by saying that my lack of ridiculously high numbers would make me a ghost. Whereas, when I fold here I feel like I contribute more and everyone seems more tight-knit. One of these days I'll have a bunch of spare change and get me an SR-2 rig to help us out! :tongue:

Chris

Yha, saddly, now is really bad.... We're 30C outside, so i'm scaling back to just the i7 till we cool off.... its 29C in my house as i type...

I think a contest would be a waste right now, as any "prize" would't offst the heat AND cooling bills.

Great idea... just sucky times

We just need someone who works in a climate controlled environment where their work doesn't care about costs lol

Australia is heading into winter so the extra warmth should be welcome down there. ;)

I keep mine on 24/7 to help. I only really turn it off if I notice my room warm (basement). My sister, however, just moved into an apartment where all utilities are paid for by the owner... Perhaps I can get her to agree to a small folding unit that I can have her keep there.

Yha, saddly, now is really bad.... We're 30C outside, so i'm scaling back to just the i7 till we cool off.

Same here, just the 2600k, and even that one is scalled back as my OC went unstable with the rising temps. Need to stick that thing on water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom