Weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm overweight, most of you have seen my pics anyway
You didn't look overweight in that pic.:confused:
But yeah I sit at the computer quite a bit...the only time I drink water is when I'm rinsing out my mouth after brushing my teeth
Water is great. I love the stuff, and I drink it almost all the time at school. You should try to drink more of it, Nubius. Or those Fruit 2o drinks. Those fruit drinks rock.:cool:

I went through some weight loss last summer. All I really did was eat smaller portions and move around more. Rememer though that around the first 10 pounds of weight that you lose is water weight. I went the protein way, and it was pretty sucessful.

EDIT: I also stopped eating cookies and cakes and stopped drinking tea with 5 or 6 packets of sugar in it. That could explain a little bit of it. :p

Last fall (04) I started football weighing in at a massive 307. -[Wo0t!]- I ended the season at 285. The only thing that changed in my "diet" was that I exercised every single day. Basically the exercise was running for about 2 and a half hours. I love football, and if I am in football in college, I should be a "strapping young lad" :D

Skinny peopel make me sick...

I am overweight, and have been all my life. ABout two years ago, I went on the Atkins diet...with modifications. I stayed on the first phase (all the meat you want to eat, 20 carbs per day or less, lots of water). I lost 88 pounds in just over six months, and my wife lost 55 in about four. We eased up and moved into the second phase by then.

But, the holidays rolled around, and I let my wife talk me into going off the diet..."just for the holidays". Yeah, right!

So, here I am, not quite as heavy as I once was, but close. I am either going back on Atkins, or doing South Beach (which is close to Atkins, but lower fat with more varity in carbs).

Oh, and take up walking. Even if its only twenty minutes every other day or so. SOme exercise is better than NO exercise.

Yeah like I said regulus I'm not huge, just chubby.
And yeah I do need to drink a lot more water. I hear it all the time too :p

SOme exercise is better than NO exercise.
aint that the truth

hmmm i guess i could tell u my story... i weighed 173 lbs and i was 5'7.. now im 5'8 and 132.. how did i do it? magic i wished on a bright star and.. nvm... real story.. ok think about it logically..
muscles need energy to move and work. fat is extra energy. muscles have energy stored in them. so when u walk and walk and walk... u use all that energy in ur legs and the next day it takes it from ur body or what u ate to refill...
now.. if ur workiing out like benching and a leg press until ur arms and ur legs are worn out what happens? the next day ur sore and ur body has to refill and repair a little. repairing ur muscles is when they build and take fat off of u... but after u bench and do push ups, crunches, leg weights (not walking..) ur body is worn out. so after that grab a glass of water (only water..) and walk for a half hour... now ur body and u.. will hate me the next day ull be sore (personally i think it feels good but idk maybe im just crzy..) now ur body has to repair, refill and energize... if u dont want to be sore the next day as bad.. get some water which makes ur muscles feel better and a bannanna before u go to bed.. forgot what its called but soemthing in them helps water move to ur muscles.. making them less sore..but yeah.. thats what i did.. hope it works or helps u...

I just saw this thing on TV that suggests that fat people are fat because of a fat virus from chickens in India or something. The virus turns pre-fat cells into fat cells. The person with the virus would just be a thin/normal weight person, but with what seems like a cold. So watch out for them people with colds ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom