Weekend Gaming

I'll probably play some Torchlight 2 later today and raid some ICC on the private WOTLK WoW server I play on tomorrow after work.

Going to start El Shaddai tonight. Not sure if I will like it or not. It looks interesting. Will also be playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and some UFC 3.

Ghost Darksiders 2 is an excellent game...

I will be playing borderlands 2, and might try out Halo Reach cause i gots the legendary edition for FREE bling bling click clak fools

Going to start El Shaddai tonight. Not sure if I will like it or not. It looks interesting. Will also be playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and some UFC 3.
What system do you game on? I just picked up one of the UFC games just to give it a try. I will be playing Borderlands 2.

What system do you game on? I just picked up one of the UFC games just to give it a try. I will be playing Borderlands 2.

I play on the 360. I want Borderlands 2 so bad, but I have a significant backlog to go through. Probably won't have it until Christmas. Which UFC game did you get?

I play on the 360. I want Borderlands 2 so bad, but I have a significant backlog to go through. Probably won't have it until Christmas. Which UFC game did you get?
I bought an old one just to see if I like it. I got the 2009 one. I still have not tried it. I am totally consumed by Borderlands 2.

I spent the whole weekend splitting time between NHL 13 online club play and FIFA 13 online seasons mode.

Seasons mode in FIFA is really cool. I don't know if anyone else here follows world soccer or anything, but most countries have several leagues that are on different tiers (think MLB, AAA, AA, A ball), and what they do is they work on a promotion/relegation system. For example, there are 20 teams in the English Premier League, and 20 teams in the npower Championship (basically the EPL's minor league). At the end of the season, the points are tallied up (3 for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss), three worst EPL teams get relegated to npower and the top three npower teams are promoted to the EPL for the next season.

Anyway, to make a long story short, FIFA 13 has a new online seasons mode that follows this idea. You start in the lowest division, division 10, and try to work your way up the ladder. In each "season" you play ten games against a random online opponent. The game also matches your team's skill level, so if you play as an MLS team, you'll be matched up against someone using a team with a similar overall, so you don't have to worry about getting matched up with Manchester United and getting annihilated. Anyway, you have ten games to try to earn promotion and/or win the division title for your trophy cabinet.

In other words, when you start off in division 10, you have to earn at least 8 points from your ten games to be eligible for promotion into division 9, and if you earn 12 points, you'll get the division 10 trophy. Then, when you are in division 9, if you earn 6 or less points in that ten game season, you will be relegated back to division 10. If you earn 7 or 8, you stay where you are, if you earn 9 you will get promoted to division 8, 13 will get you the trophy, etc. As you climb each division, the points needed to avoid demotion/earn promotion/trophies all increase.

I picked up a Gamecube over the weekend to play with my girlfriend.
The games were 50% off at the local video store since I bought the system with them.
I got: Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Monkey Ball, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and Harvest: A Wonderful Life.

I'm thinking of picking up Metroid Prime, Mario Kart Double Dash, Resident Evil 4 and Skies of Arcadia just to name a few. MGS The Twin Snakes sounds awesome, since I loved MSG on the PS1 but it, like Skies of Arcadia, is around 40 bucks still.

Back
Top Bottom