Was Modern Warfare a good idea at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must admit that modern warfare was a fantastic game, and many others will agree. The reason why they are calling the new one just "Modern Warfare 2" is simply because the first was so successful they can do without the Call of Duty branding and it can be it's own series of games. MW2 is going to be a sequel, the first sequel seen in the whole series of Call of Duty.
Actually, they put the Call of Duty name back on Modern Warfare 2. I don't think that they ever officially announced that they were going to leave it off; they just released a few images and a trailer that just said "Modern Warfare 2" so everyone started assuming that they were just going to call it that.

So I only get excited about a new Call of Duty game when Infinity Ward develop it haha
I agree. Treyarch failed miserably with CoD 3 and only really succeeded with CoD WaW because they didn't have to do the majority of the work; the game engine was already made by Infinity Ward.. all they had to do was modify it to be WWII instead of Modern Warfare.

Actually, they put the Call of Duty name back on Modern Warfare 2. I don't think that they ever officially announced that they were going to leave it off; they just released a few images and a trailer that just said "Modern Warfare 2" so everyone started assuming that they were just going to call it that.

Ahh yeah. It seems they have put the Call of Duty logo back on to reflect it's placement as a COD game, otherwise it's 'brand-awareness' wouldnt be as high without it and so presumibly sales or popularity would have gone down or something.

I agree. Treyarch failed miserably with CoD 3 and only really succeeded with CoD WaW because they didn't have to do the majority of the work; the game engine was already made by Infinity Ward.. all they had to do was modify it to be WWII instead of Modern Warfare.

Yeah exactly. I think COD 2 was the best to come to a next-gen console in terms of gameplay. I do however really enjoy the new things that have come with COD 4 and 5 such as the perks. God knows why they took the killcam off of COD 3 haha.

I think I enjoyed the multiplayer aspects of Modern Warfare with leveling up and unlocking new weapons and perks it added re-playability and the option of going prestige added a load of depth.

I must agree with SiMoNiZoR, WaW just seemed like they changed the skins and a few weapon properties. There are only so many weapons you can use from the WW2 era.

I have watched a few videos for MW2 and the 11 kill streak looks awesome you get to control the AC130.

But I do on the other hand understand where you are coming from I played the first CoD on PC and really enjoyed it, but it does seem like a flooded market now with so many WW2 games .

it would be cool to see a cod version of like the new world kind of thing (like natives with bows and arrows, and the Europeans with muskets and stuff. It would be hilarious. To make it balanced all they would have to do is make the arrow reload time really quick and the musket's a little slower. It probably would suck, but it would be hilarious to see.

That reminds me of one time we were watching the Alamo video in US History, and my friends were like.. omg the next COD will be "Remember the Alamo".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom