Was Modern Warfare a good idea at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Ubisoft agrees that there's too many WWII games; pretty sure they were sayin World at War was gonna be the last WWII game that they were gonna make.

It's funny because they're making an RTS based on WWII.

I'm also sick of seeing all the WWII/WWI games. It seems like everyone and their mother made/is making a game based on WWI/WWII. I know it was a huge part of everyone's history, but can we not beat it to death in video games and maybe leave it interesting for some people?

I would like to see some more Vietnam War based games, or something similar, something a little more recent, but not as new as Modern Warfare.

There are only a handful of Vietnam War based games correct? I think the main reason why there aren't more is because of how badly it was for the US. Could be wrong as to why there aren't more though.

The problem that i have is that all the modern warfare games look the same to me.
Same goes with WWII and 'Nam games. I look at one those games and compair it with another, I think "Yeah.... What's the differences?"

I am also not really keen on games based on real wars that happened. The idea of me playing a game based on D-Day (or some other past real life conflict) is insult to those who fought and/or died in those wars. Makes me think "What's next? Flight Simulator Ver9/11 where the player gets to fly passenger airplanes into buildings for extra points?"

It's one of the reason why I like Post-Modern and Futuristic FPS.

If you think about it, it is also educational, that and the US government has been known to pump money to game developers to create war based games to help them recruit more people.

That better have been sarcasm... COD4 is almost goldeneye level. Halo 3 is the only online xbox game that is close to cod4.

World at war was crap, complete and utter crap, doesn't deserve the call of duty name. They re-skinned 4, with worse servers, vehicles, and un-balanced guns (mp40...). Not to mention the single player was almost exactly like 4, but in world war two... Almost every call of duty game was good, or great, until world at war...

Does anyone except me think that modern warfare 2 doesn't even look like an original call of duty game?, i miss that whole in the army on the line action

now all i seems to me from the trailer that im in some sort of advanced police force chasing around terrorists 24/7. I'm starting to think also that the Call Of Duty brand is wearing itself thin. CoD 5 was a big dissapointment, but do you think it would of been if there was a CoD 4?
No there wouldn't. but now that is all people will expect from now on Modern Warfare 3, 4 , 5, 6.

They can't make them forever guys. I say either go back to WWII and WWI and stick the whole call of duty brand.

So you want them to make more WWII games, but when they give that to you after COD4 you are dissappointed. That does not make sense.

Modern Warfare was the best game of the series IMO. And I love WWII fps games. I've said this before and I will say it again, stop doing the same wars over and over COD. That is probably why I loved COD4 so much.

Do the Civil War. I would love to get a refresher on the history. It could be a very fun game if made by COD. We have seen fps from WWII, modern combat vs terrorists, and future vs. aliens.

Lets try something new for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom