Want to make a game?? PC only, express interest here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti_DOOM

In Runtime
Is anybody here interested in making a strategy game with the same feel/look as starcraft? given the technology and recouces availiable i think that making a game like it should be fairly easy... not a definant thing, but if the right amount of people are interested maybe we could make something of it.

Starcraft was a bigger hit and still is, im not saying its a bad game though but if we were to "remake" the starcraft feel...anyway the RA2 gameplay is too unique we wouldnt be able to remake one it would feel too much like RA...or heres an idear maybe making an extra campaign for starcraft but in a separate game?

Doom, I think you underestimate just what exactly is involved in making a game of any sort. You need to have programmers, 3D artists, effects artists, sound designers, level designers, etc. AND you have to make it all work effectively together AND be fun to play.

I have taken that all into consideration, there are thousands of people here on TF, myself? im a graphic artist. Of coarse its not going to be easy, but given the recources here on TF it should be relatively simple. How do you think most freeware/MODS get out there? most of them are made over the net and none of them actually meet. I have a friend who is a software engineer he is keen to help out and i have other friends who are good with c++ who are willing aswell.

Tyler1989 said:
Your getting in over your head to be modest.

lol everytime you post something, you always make it look like everyone else is wrong but you. im not telling you to help out or anything if you dont i dont care, im just seeing if anybody would be interested. its nothing for you to get exited about mate and put everyone else down, this is not the first place ive asked around there are lots of people who did support the idear.

Is that because I disagreed with you over Linux please the concept of making a game in one's home has been outdatted for 20 years.

no ive been checking out your posts and you seem to have the need to put yourself above other people. There was no argument reguarding linux - go back to that thread and read it PROPERLY. Its just the thought maybe people here would be interested maybe they wouldnt, if your not man just let it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom