Want to know what is ridiculous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because those 5200 lack a LOT of instructions for the game. They aren't made for gaming whatsoever. Their game actually isn't displaying a crapload of effects. For one, the FX series can't even do DX9 properly so theirs is defaulting to DX8.1, you really can't compare that with your card.

Yours can run ALL the latest eye candy so it's getting bogged down like no tomorrow trying to do it.

Actualy i find my LAN rig (previously mentioned) runs Oblvion on this fine.
Large textures
1280x1024
everything high except grass turned off
self shadows turned off.
Bloom lighting

Im sure if you do the same thing it will work fine.

Oblivion runs so bad for me. I have mos things off except draw distance, and distant objects on. I use no bloom or HDR, no shadows at all, high textures, 1024x768. The default settings that oblivion gets me are unplayable outdoors.

IMO, for what oblivion does as far as the engine is concerned, there is absolutly no reason that it should run as bad as it does. pretty much every other game I have on my computer not only looks better than what I have to run oblivion at, but also runs about 3x better.

Than again, what the **** am I talking about, Bethseda absolutly sucks at making game engines. Take morrowind for example, it still lags on my 6800GT. And morrowind is 4 years old!

well, i gtg and kill everyone in the dark brotherhood..

P.P. Mguire said:
Actualy i find my LAN rig (previously mentioned) runs Oblvion on this fine.
Large textures
1280x1024
everything high except grass turned off
self shadows turned off.
Bloom lighting

Im sure if you do the same thing it will work fine.
but who wants bloom if theres HDR. and lots of ppl wants all the grass and distance rendering.
thats what makes this game look fantastic and stand out from the rest. and i consider this game as in the category of "graphix>gameplay" in the first place. so id rather question myself for playn this game w/o em turned on.

Actualy youll find most of the hardcore Oblivion players on here turn that crap off anyhow. Like even the ppl w/ 7900GTs and FX-55s. THey like to turn them off because im actualy playing the game and its easier to see a sword on the ground w/out the crappy grass then w/ it. Not to mention if all the grass is turned on you cant see some caves very well. The settings i mentioned where for him, and ppl w/ older systems. My rig consists of X2 3800+ OCed, 7800GS, and 2gig of ram. Rest assured i have that stuff turned on :D

Sw1tCh[FX] said:

Than again, what the **** am I talking about, Bethseda absolutly sucks at making game engines. Take morrowind for example, it still lags on my 6800GT. And morrowind is 4 years old!

Are you sure that card of yours is ok? I ran morrowind just fine on my 5700U OC

Ok guys this thread has been dead awhile but I have to bring something up. A miracle happened. I decided to run Oblivion instead of Oldblivion, because we were getting ready to watch a movie and I had time to spare. Well I turned draw distance all the way down and it ran fine. Well then I slowly turned draw distance up. And now it is all the way up and runnin fine and looks BEAUTIFUL. I will never use Oldblivion again. My old 6600 still brings out alot. Only thing is I can't go to the water district, it f's up bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom