Vista SP1? and XP SP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen any noticable reduction in startup time with that and SP2 beta both on. Besides that however there haven't been any problem seeing them go on or later from having them installed. 7 however even now getting most programs on seems to load up faster for the most part with less lag when reaching the desktop waiting for things to finish loading.

Yah, overall there is a significant decrease in boot-up times for 7.

First of all you have to remember that any fresh install of any version will always start up much faster simply due to only seeing Windows itself and the basic drivers on. Once you get everything you want installed Windows will then start to lag a little.

After some lengthy period of time and software changes the system registry starts seeing leftovers build up in there as well. Why do you think they make a ton of money selling registy cleaners/fixers? The advanced user at some point will simply backup what is to be kept and wipe it clean for the good old fresh start.

Just the initial restart once the setup files were copied over from the dvd showed that. The basics went on in far less time then seen when going to install Vista fresh on several occasions.

Does that answer the question? I had already signed up for testing before the beta was released plus having the beta Live Mail on Vista. As soon as the links for the public release were available I went for it.

Actually that only shows me what i can find on Google. Since you dont show the forum or your response...but i wont nitpick.

Since you are running it you should know that the boot time and shut down time have been drastically improved. I have my same install from before new year and it still is faster than any Vista install. Fresh or not.

I'm well aware of a few things different with 7.

It certainly acts like an improved OS when simply installing the usual programs that ran on the previous versions XP and Vista alike. That includes a backward compatibility for some games that would run on 98 as well. :D

The personal assessment here from the short time of working with the beta along with sending in some feedback points to a vast improvement seen in the kernel like you were discussing before plus making tasks a bit easier to perform with a much ligher OS to start with.

That's an understatement from what I've seen so far since the download, install, and activation of the 7000 beta release of Se7en.

Gaming has certainly improved with the exact same ones run on XP and Vista as well with a few more to put on along with some other programs. That will get a lot of attention in that area by those who frown on Vista at the present time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom