Verizon DSL using wrong connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
1394 Net Adapter is a Firewire adapter which win XP allows for 2 computers to connect that way. your missing your real network adapter my friend

Alright go to Control Panel -> Network Connections. At the top of the left hand panel you'll see "Create a new connection".

The wizard will open. Select Connect to the internet -> Set up my connection manually -> Connect using a broadband connection that is always on. Then click on finish. Delete your old "local area connection 3" and enable the new one you created if it isn't already.

Local Area Connection is on a diff comp then the one with the problem sorry for any misunderstanding. We tried what you said and nothing happened. :(

Okay no problem. Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware tab at the top -> Device Manager. Scroll down to where it says Network Adapters. If there is no section that says that check for any section with a Yellow exclamation mark and post what they say.

in the device manager Grober is there anything on there with a yellow ! next to it or a red X? also i forgot to ask is it an onboard netcard or a plug in net card

lol cvb beat me to it

some things to check while your doing that. on your next reboot go to your bios settings (usually f2 or del on screen post) look through the settings for onboard lan and make sure its enabled.

Don't triple post bud ;). Just edit your first one. You should know that.

And one step at a time here. You're getting too far ahead.

It looks like a very old copy of the registry got restored when video card was being troubleshot. That could explain the old ISP account.

It looks like a very old copy of the registry got restored when video card was being troubleshot. That could explain the old ISP account.

Any idea how to fix this?

in the device manager Grober is there anything on there with a yellow ! next to it or a red X? also i forgot to ask is it an onboard netcard or a plug in net card

Device Manager:
Other Devices - Question Mark and Exclamation Point
Other PCI Bridge Device - Question Mark and Exclamation Point
SM Bus Controller - Exclamation Point
Unkown Device - Red X

also i forgot to ask is it an onboard netcard or a plug in net card
Dunno, guess would be onboard.

Any idea how to fix this?

Device Manager:
Other Devices - Question Mark and Exclamation Point
Other PCI Bridge Device - Question Mark and Exclamation Point
SM Bus Controller - Exclamation Point
Unkown Device - Red X

Dunno, guess would be onboard.

looks like its possible that your drivers were removed or got corrupted. you need to reinstall them. if you dont have your MB cd or driver CD's with you, you need to find out who makes your pc or MB and dl the drivers from the mfg reinstall and your problems (hopefully) will be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom