Verizon DSL using wrong connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like its possible that your drivers were removed or got corrupted. you need to reinstall them. if you dont have your MB cd or driver CD's with you, you need to find out who makes your pc or MB and dl the drivers from the mfg reinstall and your problems (hopefully) will be solved.

Downloaded the processor drivers from AMD's website, installed them no change, have tried installing new network card, got a new router none of that changed anything, the router has all green lights.

Downloaded the processor drivers from AMD's website, installed them no change, have tried installing new network card, got a new router none of that changed anything, the router has all green lights.

Can you get a screen shot of the Device Manager from the computer with the problem? What make/model is the computer?

ScreenShot.jpg

Can you get a screen shot of the Device Manager from the computer with the problem? What make/model is the computer?

ScreenShot.jpg

Device Manager:
Other Devices - Question Mark and Exclamation Point
Other PCI Bridge Device - Question Mark and Exclamation Point
SM Bus Controller - Exclamation Point
Unkown Device - Red X

was before the changes, gona have to wait till later today to get it again, should be diff now since we changed router/network card

What motherboard is in the computer? If you do not know the exact model, use CPUZ to to determine it.

Motherboard
Manufacturer: ASUS Tek
Model: NAGAMI2 2.0
Chipset: Nvidia GeForce 6150 Rev. A2
Southbridge: Nvidia Nforce 410/430 MCT
LPCIO: FMFC

BIOS
Brand: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Version: 3.11
Date: Sep 19th, 2006

Graphic Interface
Version: PCI Express
Link Width: x16 Max Supported: 16x

Motherboard
Manufacturer: ASUS Tek
Model: NAGAMI2 2.0
Chipset: Nvidia GeForce 6150 Rev. A2
Southbridge: Nvidia Nforce 410/430 MCT
LPCIO: FMFC

BIOS
Brand: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Version: 3.11
Date: Sep 19th, 2006

Graphic Interface
Version: PCI Express
Link Width: x16 Max Supported: 16x

I looked for drivers for the motherboard since I think that's the problem at the moment due to the memory being reset but ASUS's website didn't have them that I could find and I'm lost.

GeForce Release 178

That driver SHOULD get your internet back, if not, please tell us.

EDIT : If that does in fact not work, try WinXP/2K - UDP (3.13)

Will try those as soon as possible, Ty for your help. Gona have to wait till my fiance gets back to where she's staying(she's not here right now is why it takes so long between replies to try things). These aren't drivers for integrated graphics card right?(just double checking)

Will try those as soon as possible, Ty for your help. Gona have to wait till my fiance gets back to where she's staying(she's not here right now is why it takes so long between replies to try things). These aren't drivers for integrated graphics card right?(just double checking)

The first one is a driver for most nVidia cards, with it be integrated, or not. The second one, you should probably try first, as I noted them wrong. The second one, has the actual driver that you need, which is the SM Bus controller.

The following quote, is directly from the WinXP/2K - UDP (3.13) site.

nVidia Website said:
Windows XP Driver Versions

* Audio driver 3.66 (WHQL)
* Audio utilities 3.66
* Ethernet driver 3.63 (WHQL)
* GART driver 3.34 (WHQL)
* Memory controller driver 3.38 (WHQL)
* SMBus driver 3.38 (WHQL)
* IDE In-the-box driver 3.58 (WHQL)
* IDE 2.0 NVIDIA driver 3.66 (WHQL)
* Display driver 52.16 (WHQL)
* Installer 3.77