Using same mysql DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberio

Beta member
Hey everyone.

Currently I have a gentoo partition set up with apache, mysql, php, and a mediawiki. Everything works fine, but what I'd like to do is install the same for windows so that when I go to do photoshop work, it doesn't cause downtime.

when I installed each seperately, I got missing function errors (blech). Then I just decided to install a wamp package :rolleyes:

The thing is that when this installed, I went to the wiki page and it said could not connect to the database with wikiuser@localhost. So I figure that the problem is that this mysqld is using a different database. I am a total mysql noob. I'm here asking, how would I set the server in windows to use the same database, so the wiki could access it and write the same information?

Thank you

well I suppose, but should this really be in programming considering it's just about mysql configuration?

MySQL is not Windows based. It is a Web based database utility. Which to access it requires some knowledge of programming. That is why i placed it here.

So wait, you have two instances of PHP/Apache/MySQL installed, and you want them to point to the same database?

sorry, please delete this thread. I got it to work by changing the my.cnf to match the location and information of the database on the linux partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom