Useless cell phone features

Goblin1986

Baseband Member
I would like to discuss the following point with you:
When I bought my cell phone it had a lot of features but a lot of them were simply useless and only several were really good for me:
GPS
Autofocus
3G
That is it!
I would like to get some useful answers as for this point, which features do you consider useful in your cell phone and which not? Choosing new cell phone in the nearest future I would like to take them into account!!

I use my phone for almost everything I do mobile.. email, web browsing, wifi hotspot, calling, my camera, Skype, text messaging, alerts for weather and whatnot, GPS, reminders, music, my wallet when I can (Google Wallet), location reminders (ie where I parked my car).. The only things I see as "useless" features are more for ease of use... ie fingerprint scanners.

Other things like temperature sensors and barometers can be used to crowdsource weather, altitude, etc... Not "useful" to the user but can potentially be put towards very good use. :tongue:

Other things like temperature sensors and barometers can be used to crowdsource weather, altitude, etc... Not "useful" to the user but can potentially be put towards very good use. :tongue:

Would be useful to my dad when he drag races :p.

I use my phone for almost everything I do mobile.. email, web browsing, wifi hotspot, calling, my camera, Skype, text messaging, alerts for weather and whatnot, GPS, reminders, music, my wallet when I can (Google Wallet), location reminders (ie where I parked my car).. The only things I see as "useless" features are more for ease of use... ie fingerprint scanners.

I agree with you completely, I do not understand for what we need this scanner?))

Well, it's generally a pretty secure login method. ie for Apple Pay. A lot better than a 4-digit passcode. If I had one on my phone I'd actually probably use it :tongue:

Well, it's generally a pretty secure login method. ie for Apple Pay. A lot better than a 4-digit passcode. If I had one on my phone I'd actually probably use it :tongue:

Getting less secure now though, as I've heard there was a group that was able to recreate a fingerprint digitally and bypass one.

I think what is useless is iphone's sat nav as you need data connection to use the sat nav... how pointless.. WP's only need GPS which is great especially when your in the country side with no signal

I think what is useless is iphone's sat nav as you need data connection to use the sat nav... how pointless.. WP's only need GPS which is great especially when your in the country side with no signal

You can pick what you want to use on Android. I have 3 choices - Device Only (GPS), Battery Saving (Wifi and mobile network), and High Accuracy (GPS/Wifi/network).

Then it depends on what app you're using for maps if you can go offline or not. Some let you cache/pre-download the maps and route, others you have to be connected.

Back
Top Bottom