Use MetaTube to Search 100 Video Sharing Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Use MetaTube to Search 100 Video Sharing Sites

When I want to view a particular video online, I usually try YouTube since that's where I'm most likely to find what I'm looking for. However, there are times when the video is not available there and I have to search other sites like Dailymotion, Myspace, Aol, etc.
It can be very cumbersome to go to each video site, type in your search query, and then sort through the results. You can simplify the entire process by using MetaTube. MetaTube is a search engine for video-sharing sites and claims to search 100 of them all at once.
The home page has a simple interface, which looks just like a torrent multi-search engine. You type in your search query and you can also see a list of the recent searches made by other people. When you click the search button, the site searches through its catalogue of video-sharing sites. The screenshot of the home page below reveals just what videos people are looking for.

http://www.ghacks.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/metatube-home.png
<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--> <!--[endif]-->MetaTube searches major sites like YouTube, Google Video, AOL Uncut, Veoh, etc. as well as the more obscure sites like iKlipz, Jubii, Flixya, etc. By default, the first search results displayed are from YouTube. If you want to see results from other sites, click on the site of choice in the index on the left-hand side of the page.
I liked the site for the primary reason that it simplifies things. No more searching separately in each site for the video I'm looking for. Even if you're not really into online videos, this is definitely a site worth bookmarking.
What do you think of MetaTube? Do you know of any other search engines for video-sharing sites? Let me know in the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom