USB Thumbdrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
I'm looking into getting a USB thumbdrive, though I'm not too sure what I want...

I like the Corsair Voyager (1GB) and also the OCZ Rally (1GB).

For the Voyager, I don't like how you will not be able to fit another USB device into the neighboring port, cause it's so big. And also, how it might attract dust/lint/etc if it's in your pocket.

For the OCZ Rally, I know it's one of the fastest, if not the fastest out there right now... but sadly, I care about aesthetic appeal, and I don't like the design of it.

Can anyone give me some input on their preferences on thumbdrives? I'd like to stick to Lexar, Corsair, OCZ, Kingston (meh). Anything else?

* I do care about transfer speeds
* I do care about appearance
* I do care about price (for 1GB, max is 35 + shipping)

OCZ drives are nice and fast and cheap, their good but dont match all clothing.

Cruzer Micro's are also nice, they come with 3 extra skins, and are relitivly fast (12.5 MBPS). They come with a red / pink, blue, and white / clear skin.

That sounds like a good price, yes.
I have a Corsair Voyager and it does attract a bit of lint, also the cap doesn't stay on well, plus the included lanyard is big and uncomfortable, not nice like the Sandisk ones. Transfer speeds are very fast, however, and it's a 2gb drive so I really like the extra space.
I like it really well over all.
Kingston, from what I've read, does seem to have slower transfer speeds.
I've owned Sandisk, Lexmark, and Corsair and I like them all.

That's a nice price for a gigabyte.

I bought mine a little less than a year ago. It's at 128MB and cost me around $30.00. I'd consider my one as a great bargain since it hasn't broken down on me yet. It's been working flawlessly for the past 10 months. It's all filled-up now. Too bad it doesn't have a brand name.

just ordered myself that OCZ one. I had been looking for a good thumb drive, and I had a patriot one but it was like $50 something at the time. Now I see the one I had bookmarked is $23 now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820241102

I have patriot memory and I like it so I figured these drives would be good as well. Dont think I saw the OCZ one at the time, or it was just too expensive.

I bought the OCZ last night. $36.99... then minus the $10 rebate I'll have to wait for, so $26.99. Not a bad price for OCZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom