Upgrading to 7.10 ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
I tried upgrading ubuntu but when it started to boot up... all i get is a grayish screen that just sits there. any ideas? I'm using gnome.

When first starting the system here seeing a live to drive install of 7.10 if the option for that or the Vista boot loader isn't selected followed by pressing the enter key the screen simply goes blank when left idle. Then when later pressing the Ctrl-Alt-Del keys ubuntu set as default suddenly loads up instead of simply seeing the system restart. Give that a try!

I managed to get 8.04 (i think thats the version) beta installed. Works fine... except i can't seem to connect to my wireless at home. At work I can. But at home here It will pick up the router... just won't connect. I'm pretty sure I'm putting in the right credentials to. Is there some other program I can use besides Network Manager (6.5)?

I'll let someone else answer that one since the ISP here seems to lack any Linux drivers for dsl. Otherwise I would probably be running more then one distro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom