Unreal Tournament 3 only 11.99 on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from a personal perspective I suppose you're right. On the other hand 2k3 was professionally played.

The game was literally a science of precision moves. So I guess when I said it was the best, I really meant it catered to hardcore FPS players. I'm not saying 2k4 was bad, just less competitive, I felt, than 2k3; whether one was better than the other is obviously personal choice.

UTIII is awesome...I love it. But I'm scared of the competitive aspect since I'm already playing 1.6 and tf2. I <3 epic games.

I don't see how UT2003 was better then 04, 04 was basically 2003 except improved graphics, maps, weapon balance and added the onslaught game mode with vehicles. 2003 was flat out lazy with some of the gun models imho.

So maybe I wasn't aware of the professional gaming scene on 2k4. I mean...it IS 2k3 with some gametypes added. Its just that 2k4 wasn't anything new or groundbreaking.

I've never owned either, but I've played them both and I still have an inkling that 2k3 was superior...but that's just me.

So maybe I wasn't aware of the professional gaming scene on 2k4. I mean...it IS 2k3 with some gametypes added. Its just that 2k4 wasn't anything new or groundbreaking.

I've never owned either, but I've played them both and I still have an inkling that 2k3 was superior...but that's just me.

2003 never offered anything ground breaking over UT1999 besides a ground breaking new engine, keep in mind the onslaught mode was hugely fun and very popular ( 95% of servers were locked on that ). Since when did they have vehicles that allow you to pancake people :)

give UT3 a try, this is quite possibly the best video game deal ever...maybe even overtaking orange box since its an amazingly cheap 11.99

*update* wow finally was able to download the game after a long wait and I'm pretty amazed. This game is the very PINNACLE of FPS competitive gaming with its gazillions of customizations options, maps, and modes. Although I do dislike the console type feel it has, its still worth every penny of its 11.99 price tag. I seriously would buy this for $25 if I knew it played so well. I'm also surprised it runs smooth as silk on my system.

After looking through a few recent threads on "Steampowered forums" it seems like everyone is experiencing the same UT3 download issues. EVERYONE from free downloaders to paying customers.

Seems that this DL is 8Gig. It's also available worldwide. I've heard that download priority was set by timezone. I'm not sure which timezone was first or last. Doesn't seem like it matters much because people from every timezone are complaining.

come on valve....

After looking through a few recent threads on "Steampowered forums" it seems like everyone is experiencing the same UT3 download issues. EVERYONE from free downloaders to paying customers.

Seems that this DL is 8Gig. It's also available worldwide. I've heard that download priority was set by timezone. I'm not sure which timezone was first or last. Doesn't seem like it matters much because people from every timezone are complaining.

come on valve....

I was able to download it over night. Central time zone. I got that error the first two times I tried it. Which was with in minutes of each other. The third time it worked

I tried loading the game up yesterday afternoon...got a "steam servers are too busy blah blah"....really? I've had the game since January, and I can't even play? Not even offline/singleplayer mode? Wow, that's really sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom