Trying to drop some weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya and there are easy way to lose weight also, like walking and going into the sauna, one day i was just walking downtown with my buddies and i normally dont walk that much and i lost like 3 pounds in 1 day just walking around checkin the stores and stuff, and go swimming swim some laps alot funner than a treadmill or a stairmaster then jump in the sauna after and relax, and diet is the number #1 most important thing for weight

those 3 pounds were just water weight though man. haha

i think its pretty much impossible (or impossible to be healthy atleast) to lose 3 pounds of fat in a day.

The number one difference in diet between the most obese nation (U.S.A.) and the rest of the world is animal meat, more specifically, protein.

Can't argue with statistics.

The number one difference in diet between the most obese nation (U.S.A.) and the rest of the world is animal meat, more specifically, protein.

Can't argue with statistics.

I hardly agree with that at all. You're completely disregarding the grotesque amounts of carbohydrates being eaten in the form of white bread, candy, chocolate, sodas, potatoes, pasta, etc.

I wish I could point to some statistics, but it's just a matter of observation, 90% of the food on a North American table is carbohydrates. they might eat a lot of meat too, but not nearly as much carbohydrates... sure, they lead in the world in meat consumption, but I think that's just because they eat too much of everything in general, if you looked at carbohydrate consumption, I'm sure you'd see much more startling numbers in comparison to the rest of the world

plus, the meat that north americans tend to eat en mass comes in the form of greasy fast food and not lean cuts of meat, I just find it strange that you seem to be implying that an excess amount of protein consumption is what is causing obesity in the United States

hrmm i dunno if this helps.. but definitely, i use protein shakes to replace meals.. they're definitely fulfilling.. and taste delicious

they work wonders when i actually work out.. cuz i'm constantly hungry... and i eat a LOT for my little size... and its great because it keeps from the fatty foods...

i was kinda gross back in highschool.. workout freak... carb shakes, protein shakes... weighed about 140, 5'10 and was 12% body fat.. lol! haha!

but i was benching 225, powercleaning 225, and squating 335.. 40 in 4.2 .. i miss those days... now i'm 160 and just lazy... haha

poop.. i didnt realize that was a bad word :( my bad

I guess that's legit if some doctor did all the extensive measurements but I wonder.
Afterall, at my height and weight I am obese, lol.
I would most likely be "normal" or above right now...but gotta go for the extra. People get annoyed with me when I grab at my stomach and say I'm so fat...but we should all be like that ;)

"ugh, I such a fat *******" :D

and I don't agree with the getting angry part, lol...gotta relax man ;)

I was measured by our physical therapy department and they came up with the number of 27%. Not sure how they arrived at that number though just by measuring my height, weight, belly, thighs, chest and arms. Anyway I just need to keep at it and find a way to keep my mind off of food.

3) Drink lots of water! This is key! Up to 1.5 gallons per day while dieting. Drink water before a meal to fill you up! It keeps you hydrated and will cut back your cravings. As you drink more water, your body will drop a lot of stored water, which'll be the quickest and easiest weight you'll lose. But don't drink more than 500ml at a time, otherwise you'll be stretching your stomach which ain't good. Also, avoid going over your 100% daily limit of sodium, this means cutting back on chips and the likes. It bloats you like mad. Alcohol does this too. Alcohol is not compatible with weight loss!

that is very important. aside from the obvious points mentioned here i also recall reading a study stating that a large number of people confuse hunger with thirst.

as a side point i weigh about 90kg (198lbs) and i'm about 190cm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom