Trouble wi My Network Places

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsearl1

Beta member
I'm trying to set up my first home network using the wizardin windows. I'm trying to connect 2 laptops with wireless and a desktop. I've ran the wizard on all and been successful with sharing the printer from all however file sharing is a problem. From the desktop and one laptop I am able to see and access the shared files from all computers when I go to my network places. But, the other lap top is thwe problem. I can see the shared folders on the network but cant access them, and the icons are not network folder icons but something else, possibly configuration icons from what i've gathered. Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated.

thanks!!!

do you have the file sharing set up on all of the computers for the specific files and folders that you want. I might be misunderstanding the question, but if your printers work, than you have the hard part done, you just need to make sure everyone is on MSHOME (or whatever your network name is) and have the sharing enabled. If you don't know how to do that, just ask and i will walk you through it

Sharing is enabled and i did use the default MSHOME. Like I said I can see the shared folders but cannot access them, the icons are not the normal shared folder icons. From reading throught other posts I'm thinking, maybe a firewall thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom