Top 5 Antivirus & Spyware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adaware and Symantec (pro?) are the one's I use. "free" scares me when it comes to spyware/antivirus. I like to know that my paid subscription comes with a nice little guarentee. but anyways, I divert. AVG, Trend Micro, those are good systems

Adaware and Symantec (pro?) are the one's I use.
*cringes*
Symantec. That's a company I'll refuse to install any programs from.

"free" scares me when it comes to spyware/antivirus.
Until you actually use said free software.

I like to know that my paid subscription comes with a nice little guarentee.
There's no such thing as a guarantee when it comes to virus protection.

but anyways, I divert. AVG, Trend Micro, those are good systems
I use Antivir. It's been great for me.

i had once used kaspersky, it was cool. i dont use anything now however. but will recommend kaspersky to anyone. other than that, have got good reviews from ppl about AVAST also.

apok i totally agree with you to stay away from symantc.
WHen i had to fix my buddies laptops...it was slow, erros...and guess what.
They had symantec software.
When i goto add/remove...theamount of different things i have to delete is ridiculous, even when i went to msconfig, it loads so much crap that i hte.

Avg,kas,avira,etc(good softwares) dont take up too many resources and have bull****

I use to use trend micro and norton a long time ago and never had a virus when i use to scan. Once i switched to kaspersky....was i surprised to find out how many viruses i had!

based on my testing Antivir is probably the best for most users, you can deactivate real time protection in one click if you want it off for gaming. Its detection/removal is as good or better than most paid AV's.

AVG, Avast, Antivir, or NOD32 or Kaspersky are the only 5 AV apps I'd consider.

I like spyware blaster, spybot, AVG antispyware, A Squared, and hijackthis for antimalware apps. I use all of them and either Antivir or AVG for viruses.

Free security apps shouldn't scare you, if you have a good trojan/spyware scanner or two like some of the ones I listed, a decent AV program, check startup entries & new programs, use something like regsupreme or autoruns to make sure nothing unexpected is in your registry, you'll be safe.

my recommendation.. Avoid Norton.. ur PC gets as slow as it would if it had Errorsafe on it (well with this PC anyways)

Norton by Symantec is a know resource hog. You can easily disable AVG with a simple right click on the icon in the system tray to shut down the control center on that. On one occasion with AVG totally disabled in the startup and services groups in the msconfig AVG still sprang to like to point at a trojan instantly copied to the drive upon just reaching a new site during a search.

For FireFox avoid adding the Google toolbar that many installers also try to put on IE as well. That's a gateway for your personal information and opens doors for adwares and spybots. Presently I'm evaluating the Crawler toolbar option seen in Spyware Terminator with a web security filter to alert on unsafe sites.

ooh ^ u just reminded me of something:

get Javacool SpywareBlaster.. it adds all negative sites to ur untrusted zones list

The Web Security Guard feature in the Crawler toolbar option with the latest release of Spyware Terminator has the option of marking sites safe or unsafe as well as a parental control filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom