Top 5 Antivirus & Spyware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Im searching for a good antivirus and anti spyware software.
Im going through free trials right now, but i want to stick to the best or one of the best.
I've tried Kaspersky Internet Security which was pretty good and now i was trying NOD32, which was ok.

For spyware im using spybod s&d..which is free and i wnana keep it that way for spyware, which i rarely get anyways.

SO suggestions would be really appreciated.
Btw, my nod32 trial just got over so i need one asap.

AVG or avast! for Viruses...

i also recommend SpywareBlaster because it adds all of the bad sites to ur not trusted zone..

AVG, Avira WIN AntiVIR, Trend Micro's PC-Cillin for retail as far as antivirus programs see the best reviews. Ad-Aware 2007 now sees Ad Watch added to it.

The Spyware Terminator incudes a mild form of fireware as well as the web secuiry feature for filtering safe and unsafe web sites if you opt for the Crawler toolbar which can remain hidden from view. Free spyware removal and spyware protection - Spyware Terminator

I dont know why ppl never mention kaspersky....?
am i the only on who has tried it?

WEll ill try avira or avast...ive heard good stuff about them both.

Avira gets the edge over Avast there. Kaspersky is a retail product while AVG and the others have free versions for home use available. An even better retail product along those lines is Trend Micro's PC-Cillin which rolls a few other things like antiadware/malware utilities and IE protection. Trend Micro offers a free online scanner House Call.

Once the trial period is over and you decide to look at something else here's a few links for the free programs available. Grisoft's free versions are found at AVG Free Advisor - AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition

Trend Micro's free online scannerHouse Call is at Trend Micro HouseCall - Free Online Virus and Spyware Scan - Trend Micro USA with their main antivirus and internet security products seen at Home and Home Office Products - Trend Micro USA

Lavasoft's latest version of Ad-Aware 2007 is seen at Ad-Aware 2007 Free - Lavasoft

You'll notice that in addition to a free antivirus program Grisoft also carries an antirootkit tool as well. The link for Ad-Aware 2007 shoudl replace the now outdated links in the sticky seen at http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/warez-monsters-4-step-spyware-removal-guide-114061/ Ewido was a good but much older tool with limitations on it.

When helping people with their pcs, i usually give them avg free addition, although Ive never tried it myself.
...I do know that kaspersky is better but its expensive, but if i have to pay to keep my pc healthy i thin kits well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom