this c omputer is so slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello
I am working on this computer which seems to be slow
i think it ihas got an unawanted process9Possibly a logger)
i have run spybot S&D but it still seems to be slow

it has got some suspicious processes, an you gusy tell me if they are legit or not?

sais.exe (mem usage 26000K)
bindata.exe (mem usage 21784K)
ozqra.exe (mem uage 7204K)
qhrhij.exe (mem usage 4736 K)
kbd.exe ( mem usage 4656 K)

also can you guys tell me how to check what the RAM on this machien is? it does nto run any of the MS office applications, and that is how i used to check the system specs

these appear to be bad

sais.exe (mem usage 26000K) 180 Solutions

bindata.exe (mem usage 21784K) This looks likie it may be from an mp3downloader but may have come with something else I would know more with a hijack this log

these two are randome files from another infection from what i don't know until a hijackthis log
ozqra.exe (mem uage 7204K)
qhrhij.exe (mem usage 4736 K)

this is safe

Multimedia keyboard manager. Required if you use the multimedia keys
kbd.exe

If you would like me to look at your log then do this

Please do this. Click here to download Hijack This. Save it to it’s own folder (not temporary files or the desktop). Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan” . When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to“Save Log”. Click on“Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET , most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise

as far as chaecking your system specs

you can download a program called everest since i don't know what OS your using it works on all OSes

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Lobos

the computer is my friends computer and she is using napster
perhaps the bindata.exe came from napster

she is also running norton antivirus 2005, i thought the infections would have been spotted by NAV

i copied some downloaded files from her machine onto a USB key and copied them to a laptop,

do you think i would could have infected my laptop in some way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom