Windows crashed while recovering factory settings and is now uanble to install

jeroenn

Beta member
Dear forum members,

On an ACER ASPIRE 5732Z, which was bought with a pre-installed version of Windows 7, I got a problem I really can't seem to solve.

Windows 10 was installed on the laptop when it was released and I decided to recover it to factory settings, so I could start with a clean slate. I started it in settings and chose to delete all files and settings. Halfway through, an error appeared and the laptop shut down. Right now, there's no operating system on the laptop anymore. So the OS was deleted, but it wasn't reinstalled. I figured I should just try to install it on my own then.

I downloaded Windows 10 from the Windows website. I used Microsoft's Media Creation Tool to put it on a usb. I managed to get into the install process on the laptop. During preparing the files, I got an error saying files are missing (error code 0x8007025D). I tried to make another usb on another computer, but the error kept occurring.

I later tried to install Windows 7 on it, using the download from the Microsoft website and a Windows7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool-Installer. I got the same error message while trying to install Windows 7. Of course I already googled a lot, and more people seem to have the same problem, but I found a lot of solutions, and some of them are just a little too complicated for me.

I do have Windows 7 on DVD, but the laptop only has a CD reader, so I wasn't able to try that. I already tried formatting the harddisk and making a smaller partition, because it was stated that it would sometimes fix the problem. However, it showed no results.

Some more info:
It's an ACER Aspire 5732Z, using V3.06 Bios (I found that sometimes could be the problem, and V3.10 is the newest version for this device on the ACER website, but I'd have no idea how to update this without OS).
I tried installing both a 64 and 32 bit version, but it both didn't work.

I really hope you could help me out by telling me what could be causing this. If you need more information, I'd be happy to give it to you. Thanks in advance!

Redownload the Windows 10 ISO - could have been corrupted.

I am trying to download it again now, but I don't think it will work. I tried it four times in total, of which two times windows 10 x64, one time windows 10 x32 and one time windows 7 x64. I used different usb's and different computers to download from, and I just can't imagine all of them being corrupted.

I actually think the error is coming from a problem on the broken laptop itself. I'll let you know if trying again worked.

Wanted to let you know I'm making progress, since it's passed the part that got me into problems. What I eventually did, was download the windows 10 iso from a windows ISO downloader (so not from the Windows site). I made a bootable USB using the Windows7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool-Installer (it had no problem with the iso file being a windows 10 iso file) and tried to install it. I got a different errorcode now (at the same place in the progress though), and googled that code (0x80070570). I found someone that told me to 'Boot into the BIOS, go to Drives > SATA Operation and change from "RAID Autodetect / AHCI" to "RAID Autodetect / ATA" (or something similar). On my laptop, Drives had a different name, but I found a value saying 'SATA' which I changed to the alternative. When I tried to install from the usb, it worked!

Still have no idea what I did, and I don't know if it's needed to change back that value after the installation is done, but I hope it will work now. Let's see if it will install without any further problems now.

Back
Top Bottom