These speakers are pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventually I will get a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 myself. Until then these Philips will do nicely.

SQ?, You mean Sound Quality ?, Because if you do then the asnwer is. Yes, A Lot better. The bass will be tighter, the mids, highs will be crisper. Games will play better because of EAX. Your speakers cant come to life without a dedicated soundcard.

Infact if you bought an SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS of SoundBlaster X-Fi ExtremeMusic, well you would be amazed :). Your jaw would drop to the floor and never return because of the vast improvement, and you will be shoving your ears infront of the subwoofer trying to pick out dodgy sounds, but truth is, you will never find one :). Even if you grab yourself a SoundBlaster Live 24Bit the improvement will still be very noticeable and highly worth it.

I can highly reccomend any of the soundblaster series, X-Fi being the Best, Audigy series being very good, Live being very cheep, and still brings a smile to your face.

Out of personal preferance i would say choose a card in the X-Fi series, especially the ExtremeMusic. Even the XtremeMusic hardly breaks the bank :). But if you just want a good improvement (I actually mean very good) Then get the SB Live Card.

actually get the logitech z-5300e, the x-530 big brother... because they sound big and loud and cool, and actually the biggest difference is that they are much clearer and more balanced sounding than te x530 i had before, yet i will say... the x530's sub put out a lot for its size constraint. yet the x530 makes a lot of port hole noise at max bass, and goes out of control under certain low freqs. while the z5300e, doesnt do that...

K M A N said:
SQ?, You mean Sound Quality ?, Because if you do then the asnwer is. Yes, A Lot better. The bass will be tighter, the mids, highs will be crisper. Your speakers cant come to life without a dedicated soundcard.

Infact if you bought an SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS of SoundBlaster X-Fi ExtremeMusic, well you would be amazed :). Your jaw would drop to the floor and never return because of the vast improvement, and you will be shoving your ears infront of the subwoofer trying to pick out dodgy sounds, but truth is, you will never find one :). Even if you grab yourself a SoundBlaster Live 24Bit the improvement will still be very noticeable and highly worth it.

I can highly reccomend any of the soundblaster series, X-Fi being the Best, Audigy series being very good, Live being very cheep, and still brings a smile to your face.

Out of personal preferance i would say choose a card in the X-Fi series, especially the ExtremeMusic. Even the XtremeMusic hardly breaks the bank :). But if you just want a good improvement (I actually mean very good) Then get the SB Live Card.
Yep, Sound quality. I'll look around and see how much those cards go for, if it's not too much then I might as well get a nice one. But if they're pricey then I'll try one of the lower level one's and see how that works out. All sound cards fit into PCI slots, right? Reason I ask is because I don't want to get a card for this PC that I won't be able to use on my next build.

***Looks like the X-Fi XtremeAudio card is gonna be the one I go with, it's only $50 and looks to have all the features I'll ever need. I don't game so it's gonna be for music and movies only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom