These speakers are pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh they sound good, but there havnt got much 'oomph'. If you want a bit more oomph your better off checking out the X-530 or the Z2300's.

The X-530's are fine for the casual gamer or herdened music listener because there quite loud and for the money sound great with music.

The X-230's are an upgrade to most 2.1 speaker systems, They deliver great sound with a punchy sub-woofer, but dont expect anything ground shaking. - Fine for everyday use if you want some quality.

The Z2300's are quite a bit more expensive, but certainly have the power to drive any application or need and the quality remains through the volumes.

The Z5500's should be the heart of any Enthusiastic gamer or Music listener. VERY Loud with gteat qulaity audio certified by THX. But do come in a LOT more expensive then previous models mentioned. The Subwoofe ralone on the Z5500's is more than Twice the TOTAL power of the X-530 system.

Crysalis said:
AHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have not heard SPEAKERS. :p

I agree with you Crysalis. Bose are fanboy speakers. There dont match the sound quality of any real speaker brands.

If you want some real speakers go here > http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/

AE Aegis EVo 3 speakers were once regarded the best sounding speakers on sale, no matter what price bracket you like at, some argue wih this now, but many dont. (Including ME, as a proud owner of some AE's.) (Sound REAL nice hooked up to a Denon amp running Pro Logic II)

They DONT do a bad system.... even there bottom end speakers will outperform 95 percent of the Home Theatre system market and 100 percent that of ANY pc speakers.

$1300 ! ! ! For these > http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=am16_surround_photos#tabs < Bose's high end system, howd you expect any SOUND to come out of them PUNY things.

These are REAL speakers > http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/Product_range/Aegis_series/Aegis_evo_3.asp
You can tell just by looking at them. Arnt they beautiful :). That the model i own, except i ahve it in 7.1 Config :p

K M A N said:
Yeh they sound good, but there havnt got much 'oomph'. If you want a bit more oomph your better off checking out the X-530 or the Z2300's.

The X-530's are fine for the casual gamer or herdened music listener because there quite loud and for the money sound great with music.

The X-230's are an upgrade to most 2.1 speaker systems, They deliver great sound with a punchy sub-woofer, but dont expect anything ground shaking. - Fine for everyday use if you want some quality.

The Z2300's are quite a bit more expensive, but certainly have the power to drive any application or need and the quality remains through the volumes.

The Z5500's should be the heart of any Enthusiastic gamer or Music listener. VERY Loud with gteat qulaity audio certified by THX. But do come in a LOT more expensive then previous models mentioned. The Subwoofe ralone on the Z5500's is more than Twice the TOTAL power of the X-530 system.
Wow, nice info there.

I currently have the Creative SBS 2.1 350, the bass is almost nonexistent. I only feel good about them after listening to the oem ipod earbuds.

I went and picked up the Logitech X-230 speakers from Office Max this afternoon, and after listening to them against the Phillips speakers I got last night it was clear to me that the Logitech's were better so the Phillips went back to Fry's. The subwoofer on the Phillips was a bit more powerful, but the crispness of the Logitech's, as well as the convenience of the headphone port on the front of one of the speakers, and the $20 savings made this choice a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom