the real power of xbox360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

headoncollision

Beta member
I ended up getting in an arguement with someone about the "power of the new xbox" in comparison to today's computers. He claimed that the xbox 360 was more powerful than any PC on the market, and when I clearly pointed out that he was incorrect, he said he'd been computer programming for years and knew more than I did.
I won't disagree that the Xbox 360 can man-handle current PC games, but why would someone claim that an xbox 360 could show up a PC? I'd think that even a fairly new emachine with a decent graphics card could show up an xbox.

Am I missing out on something? or are consoles actually showing up PCs?

Actually, yes the 360 is currently more powerful. Do a search for other various posts and read some of the indepth explanations. I'm not going to post it again, though. You'll have to search yourself ;)

Well the 360's GPU is an underclocked X1900XT/X (3xx mhz core and 700mhz memory vs. PC X1900XTX 650mhz core and 1550mhz memory), but the CPU is very powerful.

Oblivion has already shown us that a PC can max it out easilly with high-end cards (it also has better graphics becuase you can edit the ini. file to include things like water reflects all objects and people, not just the land scape) but it can't have HDR with AA on at the same time (probably a software issue).

I will have to say we need to wait more to see how the 360 and a high-end PC handles games before we can have a conclusion.

u cant really compare the 360 to another computer, but there is no way that its better than a top PC and that guy u was arguing with is a idiot u shud punch him 4 being so dumb

The 360 will be better than any top end pc's for a few months, but as always, it becomes not as good when they release new graphics cards out every month for no reason.

XBox 360 as of now beats PC, but like atrusthegod said soon there will be higher end PC cards that will make the PC more powerful. I dont think it will be as quick as a few months, but it will happen. Remember that consoles are powerful in the fact that it takes awhile to optimize the code. The GPU is not really a underclocked X1900XT/X because the architecture is not available and not in production yet for any other card manufacturer (with unified shading and procedural synthesis). This makes the GPU a beast of its own and not directly comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom