The DS Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
Having just gotten the pleasure of playing one of these awesome little bad boys I discovered that I must have one. :confused: the only catch is that I have no money :p . Let me fill everyone in:

Graphics: The graphics are more than good, their great (I hope I dont get sued).
I was playing a demo of Metroid: Hunters and from the online screenshots the games looke kind of iffy on the graphics scale, however being there I discovered that I was wrong. They have the capability to surpass the N-64 before they even think about giving in.

Sound: Obviously this little devil isnt as big as a PC for some serious surround sound, but the built in stereo system does a nice job and huge improvement over the Game Boy's. Not only that, it has voice recognition and a built in alarm.

Features: As I said above, it has all of those things and then some. Wireless 32-Bit encryption with up to 16 players at the same time (no, no split screens [at last]). It has the ability to play not only GBA games in the front game slot but also it's own DS games in the rear gaming port. Chat systems are buit in (I couldnt have a clue what for, since you have to be in 100ft of the other person to stay connected). It includes a Demo of Metroid Prime Hunters (rather large demo with MP capability).

Controls: A, B, X, Y, and two other buttons are built in for more options. Also an arrow pad to move in 1st person shooters. To look, there is a Stylis (spelling), much like a mouse is used to look in PC games. The Stylis (again spelling) is also used to write, draw and play mini games. Also included is a thumb brace that has a soft plastic solid for the touch pad on other kinds of games.

Two screens, both LCD and one touch pad. What can get any better.

I hope someone finds this review helpful, my hands are cold... :D

For more details go to: www.nintendo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom