TF Presidential Approval Poll (NO FLAMING!)

What Case Is Better?

• SILVERSTONE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antec

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
bradybnmci said:
I don't see how you think the war in IRAQ is or was unnecessary.

The only thing unnecessary is that we play by the rules, and they don't.

Might wanna take a close hard look at the US and its foreign policy before you commit to that. Play by the rules LOL? Please, the US is one of the most corrupt and duplicitous nations on the planet, especially when dealing with other countries. It abuses its power beyond belief, plenty of evidence of that. It has a long history of lying to start wars, Iraq is nothing new there, Afghanistan either.

Turn off the TV for awhile, use the internet and library and dig in and do some serious research, there's plenty to turn your stomach when it comes to the actions of the US, its hardly a friendly benevolent empire like many think.

Threat assessment, economic assessment, and the US constitution alone are enough to make the Iraq and Afghanistan wars not only a massive waste of resources but downright illegal and actually put the US at more risk for the future.

Disapprove (Beed, did you HAVE to spell it as "dissaprove"? :D)

Aside from the issues of the war, 9-11, gas prices, etc, I have a few other reasons for disapproving of Bush. One is how he apparently disregards what I feel is the important seperation of church and state. I have nothing against his religion, nor the rest of those who follow it, but I feel that it is severely out of place for him to be integrating it into how he makes decisions. Another is the fact that he supports intelligent design. He is anti-abortion ('pro-life').

Importantly, but not so often discussed, his attitudes and decisions towards science hinder progress. Two pro-embroyo researchers were actually cut from the "President's Council on Bioethics", to be replaced with members against stem-cell research. Bush made hugely false promises of stem cells that would be available for (government funded) research. The Bush administration has manipulated reports of small amounts of uncertainty of certain detail about global warming to make it seem as though there's a good chance there is no such thing at all, and that it's just a hazy theory. They almost seem definitively anti-science in many ways.

THE ANGER IS HURTING ME!!!!

Cant we all just get along, and sing a song!? :p

overall I gotta say this was a pretty dumb thread to start.......we already know how the outcome will be on these kind of threads, so why throw gas on the flames?

congrats on the 10,000 btw Nubius.
anim_beer.gif

Nubius said:
Chankama - you use 'you' too much in your statements "You guys are wasting your money" , "You guys aren't liberating iraq"....I have nothing to do with what the president does...yeah I'm under 'his rule' if you want to call it, but I'm not the one making these decisions to go to iraq and crap.

It should be stated as 'your government leaders' or something along those lines...not this "You guys" stuff

I know I know. But, what I meant was that the "tax payers" money.. As US Citizens "you guys" contribute to the war whether you like it or not.. I know Bush makes all the decisions, but the money for "his efforts" come from "your" (tax-payers) pockets.. I don't think I said "you guys are wasting your money".. All I said "Bush wastes your money" or "your money is getting wasted to save Iraqi's", etc.

One could argue that it's not the peoples' money, but the "country's" money.. But, IMO, in democratic nations such as the US, the people make up the country :)..

EDIT: You guys have heard of stories of US citizens refusing to pay taxes right?.. Not that they are cheap bastards.. They don't agree with Bush's activities.. Some of them are well to do people.. Wonder whatever happened to that lot...

yeaaah, but I'd rather not go to prison (and we all know, thanks to your article how fun that can be) for something stupid like tax evasion.

and btw:

You guys are wasting your money "liberating" other people.
You did say 'you guys are wasting your money' :p

Besides I'd rather contribute to a useless war effort than contribute to terrorists like SUV owners do [/MASSIVE JOKE ALERT]

buuut whatever, unless I want to go to jail, which I don't care to right now, theres not a whole helluva lot we can do about it.

So regardless if my taxes go to 'pay for the war effort' I'll just think 'nah it goes to paying for those fatass good for nothing cops in LA' or something like that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom