technology computer degrees, programs, certifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking into the computer science field as well-still undecided. I surfed around online and saw a really cool program from American Sentinel University American Sentinel University

Sounds like it could offer a lot of convenience and flexibility with my schedule. They also have some cool tech degrees (IT, IS, GIS, HSM, etc.) They even offer a CS specialization in game programming, which I thought was pretty cool!

Any thoughts??

What computer degree should I get?
Should I get certified in java?
What technology job or degree pays the most money?
What computer degree with offer me the best career?
Should I become an computer expert in one degree or become a jack of all trades?

These questions and more are the focus of this forum topic?

I hope everyone can offer your questions, opinions, and answers.
Thanks

It's not really anybody's place to answer these questions for you. You must decide what it is you want to do with your life and where you want to go before you decide how you're going to get there.

Should you get certified in Java?

That question is easily answered with another question: do you want a career in Java programming?

It sounds like you're in it for the money rather than the experience. I suggest you decide what it is you really want before making any life altering career choices.

Hey.
Just a little background about myself...
Ive been in the networking field for about 5 years. I work for a Pretty big Data Center. Where I work some of our customers are some of the biggest names in the industry. im in my mid 30's. I have my CCNA.

I have noticed and it really shouldnt come as any suprise for me, that there is an invisible cieling, and its hard as **** to crack through it. I am considering retuning to school.

I've attended the local community college which has a Cisco Net Academy but I really feel that an actual degree and CCNP would get me further than just a CCNP, which I would get by going to the Net Academy. I also think a Bachelors from a tech school such as ITT or Devry would do me better than just an AA from the local community college and then going to the local state University, which does not have a decent Info Systems department.

Anyone have any opinions? Anyone have any preference, Devry or ITT? My cousin goes to ITT, but for computer Animation.

Any opinions to help me make a decision would be appreciated, thanks!

wfn:)

Of those two, I would have to say ITT. DeVry does not have a very good reputation around here for some reason.

So I'm (again) starting to look into the Certifications also.. because with all this free time of Summer Vacation; I feel the need to make something out of it..

I'm really wondering which certifications in CompTIA to be taking, because there's a lot of them..

Any crucial ones I should go through and prep? I want to be a Biomedical Engineer, which does involve some technician work so these could come in handy.. Also, any way of prepping would be nice also..

Thanks in advance :)

depends on what kind of Bio Engineer you're more interested in being.

Biomedical Engineering courses
Read up on the 4 different kinds of courses offered in the link above, decide which one you'd most like. Because what CompTIA cert you go for will def be influenced by that.

edit: please don't thread jack, start your own thread. :) (HAAHAAHAHAHAHa..ha. eh.)

hey guys im going to major in computer science and minor in computer engineering so i was wondering do you guys know any good sites or online links where i can view study guides and get better understanding. Also i am studying for A+ certification if you know any links for study guide can you please tell me.

i would say A+, CCNA, MCSE are hot on the job market right now and after gaining experience in the IT field you could also try out security certifications like Security+ ,CEH and CISSP as you know security is a major issue and will always be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom