Tech Forums 2 Advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like a good thing and hopefully I get to contribute some of my knowledge to it when it becomes active. I've been doing a lot of heavy network OS deployment and SMS 2003 work so hopefully I can help others in some more advanced areas.

If TF2 every gets off the fround, I think we should try discussions about Religion, Politics, and/or Sex, seeing as the selection would probally only contain mature members. It works on a forum that I now visit more than here, because it is alot more relaxed but there is not one swear word not fully stared out (either by user or mod - named Dons) or out of control thread that isn't locked.

but come on seriously..

how hard is it to install a forum, and recreate this forum, but with more advanced sub-forums. I dont get it.

uzi9mm said:
but come on seriously..

how hard is it to install a forum, and recreate this forum, but with more advanced sub-forums. I dont get it.

It is about 1 hours worth of work for me to install and set up a PHP forum, but took me weeks to create my own theme, which I then decided not to use. :(

VBulletin shouldnt be any harder. :(

I think we should try discussions about Religion, Politics, and/or Sex, seeing as the selection would probally only contain mature members
This a joke? Those kinds of topics are completely pointless to talk about on a computer related forum. I really don't see why people have the urge to talk about such things in the first place. If you want to talk about them, then go to a forum that supports it, or create your own "Religious/Political/Sex chat with TF members" forum.

Regardless if you have more 'mature' members who may not scream at each other and insult back and forth, it'll still be the same mindless banter you see with any and every political, religious or sex based conversations. People have their opinions and they stick with them.

Regardless if you have more 'mature' members who may not scream at each other and insult back and forth, it'll still be the same mindless banter you see with any and every political, religious or sex based conversations. People have their opinions and they stick with them.

Thank you, Noobmeister. I couldn't have put it anywhere near as well.

All that schooling is paying off, eh?

All that schooling is paying off, eh?
Hmm, who knows. All I know is that most debates are completely pointless. Each side does their little thing and in the end no ones mind is changed.

Nubius said:
Hmm, who knows. All I know is that most debates are completely pointless. Each side does their little thing and in the end no ones mind is changed.

I disagree. I have been in many debates with one side having a different opinion. It depends usually on the types of debates, and the types of people. It would be nice to have place here to debate. Maybe like a private section, where you can get your privaledge of debating taken away and can't go back there if you abuse the rules.

But this is a computer related forum, it's already stated that if you wanna discuss those things there are places for you to do so and they aren't really relevent to the theme of this place. Don't think we didn't try debates before. Most of this place is stupid uninformed kids who made stupid comments which then lead to a complete degeneration of the topic.

While I agree that banning any sexual discussions is a bit far and reflects the immaturity of this place considering sex is something we all do and if you're secure it shouldn't be a problem to discuss, but again this is a place for computer stuff so I suppose it is justified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom