Tech Forums 2 Advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldIndustries said:
It sounds like one of those snobby golf country clubs, with the dress code and everything. Except with computers.

Then again, I'm probably just making fun 'cause I won't get in :p
We shall start our own website. Tech Forums 2 : un-advanced. There shall be NO rules, the object is to get banned and make as many usernames as possible. There shall be no talk of anything computer related. Oh man, i can imagine it, it will be GREAT! :D

How will membership be decided?
Questions like these are pointless. Lord only knows if TF2 will actually be created during our lifetime. Not enough people to help with it really. It can't just be mods, it has to be the people who can actually modify the site like the admin and whatnot and considering one admin isn't really here and one is just incredibly busy it more than likely wont work out.

We shall start our own website. Tech Forums 2 : un-advanced. There shall be NO rules, the object is to get banned and make as many usernames as possible. There shall be no talk of anything computer related. Oh man, i can imagine it, it will be GREAT!
That website exists already. NRQ productions

Personally, I really don't believe that TF advance will ever happen.

1.) First and foremost - The membership would be extremely low. I won't get into why.

2.) Low membership = No Advertising Dollars.

3.) No Advertising Dollars = Money needs to come from somewhere for bandwidth and hosting. "Donations?" ha right. Look at the donation list now.. it's pretty small.

4.) Last but not least - overall lack of interest.

Last but not least - overall lack of interest
yeah I gotta agree with this, I'm pretty sure the whole coming soon bit has been around since last summer, by now it's probably reached a point where people just don't care

gaara said:
yeah I gotta agree with this, I'm pretty sure the whole coming soon bit has been around since last summer, by now it's probably reached a point where people just don't care

Exactly...

If anything.. I'd like to see TF get a face-lift. It's really, really boring to look at. For petesakes can we get a new page banner / header?

Good lord!

HAVOC2k5 said:
Exactly...

If anything.. I'd like to see TF get a face-lift. It's really, really boring to look at. For petesakes can we get a new page banner / header?

Good lord!
I agree, this place could do with a face-lift.

I couldn't care less about TF Advanced because I would never get in.

I would want to get in, if there arent so many newbs there.

I would love to see less of

"wh3r3 can 1 f1nd a 1337 c0mput3r" or

"conroe is uber awesome everyone should buy like 4 just to say you have them. lolz."

and more of

"Ok, I just built my first computer, can I get some help ocing it. Looks like im at a wall with my GPU any suggestions?" or

"Yes, I agree Conroe is good, but you must consider AMDs reaction to it, watch out for them in 2007"

Something like that would be great. :)

i'm sure my post count will get me in!

muahahahhaaahaha

edit: btw, i think TF2 should be limited to only a specific number of people can post, but everyone can view it

i like the sound of TF2 :). although it does sound like it may be hard to run from advertising revenue :(. really i just like the idea that there would be somewhere people could have intelligent conversations without fear of spammers or immature people ruining it :/. if all else fails couldn't it just be incorporated as a higher level area of the current site, kind of like the mods only section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom