System Upgrade Pending

I will probably change the board in my parts list to the Extreme4. I have the Extreme4 on my current config and like it a lot.

I will have to research options if I go X299.

No I don't really see the point in going X299 and honestly whatever work you do on his machine can be done on your machine once you up the RAM. An extra 200 bucks in cost without RAM factored in is not worth the extra 2 threads IMO. Another thing to take into consideration is the codecs and whatnot being utilized factors into how much certain hardware is used. Your buddy owning a video company could probably give you more specifics on that. LTT also has a video on this.

Thanks a lot for the help. I will be ordering the parts in a couple of weeks. After my tax returns come in around the beginning of March.

One last question: I have Windows 10 Pro. Do I need a new license or can I use the current one on the new board? I thought I read somewhere it transfers, but figured I would ask.

I will be completely reinstalling of course to make sure there are no artifacts between boards/drivers.

Well, I ordered the parts today. Shell Shock deal on Newegg for the i7-8700k got me. Hopefully will be in Saturday.

Thanks again for the help.

Obviously I am excited. Like you said I wish RAM wasn't so damn high. I bought 16gb and AsRock Extreme4. I will be monitoring the RAM for a while and buy another 16gb when I can.

Getting my new camera(to me) this weekend and the new parts. Should be a fun weekend.

Thanks Again for the help. I can't give thanks on the forum says I need to spread it around.

Hey like I said I have 16GB of RAM in my render rig /VR rig. I do most of my editing there to free up my main rig and I've only had to move over to my gaming PC due to RAM once. I was editing a 4 hour long Halo 2 stream. If it's 4k I usually try to keep it lower than 30 minutes.

System is up and running. I have not rendered any video, but I have tested the CPU and RAM. No issues and very stable.

I plan on getting a video project together this week to test.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom