Synctoy method for backing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
can synctoy be used to backup my music (around 50gb) on to an external drive. Im hoping that it can be used and can do it incremently. Ive only ever used synctoy to backup files to my usb flash - thats why im asking the question. If it can work this way, then surely this is a brilliant method of backing up your music/pics etc??

SyncToy is kind of a "dumb" program, where it doesn't have that much intelligence to do a lot of things besides simply sync documents. I've used it extensively, but ended up dumping it for SyncBack SE. Check that out if SyncToy doesn't do what you need. However, SyncToy is VERY user friendly, while SyncBack SE seems to drown you with options.

Just throwing out ideas. Good luck.

I dont want to go off into a tangent, but is it advisable to convert my entire music collection to one music format - MP3, seems the most obvious. That would probably take a long time (50Gbs worth)? Im just thinking that if all my music songs were mp3 then it would be easier to make them play on my walkman mp3 player, no compatibility probs.

That's mostly up to you. Find out what formats the player supports. It depends on if you want to make sure any/all your music will work on it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom