Surround Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use aux for this.Not cd player,If you have a CD player put IT there,not your computer output,doesn't that make sense ?

jer-181 said:
Hey, I was woundering if anyone could help me out!!! I have just hooked up my surround sound to my computer and it works fine but the back 2 speakers dont work all that well. Sound comes out but its just back ground noise that you really cant hear anyways, I was woundering if I have to get a new sound card or whats the problem! I want all sound to come out equally of all speakers, just like a normal stero would, but istead of 2 speakers there would be 5 and a sub!!! Someone please help me!!!

Lets start over.Do all your 4 home stereo speakers work for tv.radio etc. ? what you do in Windows doesn't have any effect for audio out.Does the Receiver have source selection like,Tv,vcr etc.Don't use phono,unless its for a record player.

:confused:

My reciever has different things you can pick from such as, Cd player, TV, Cdr/tape, vcr/dvr,am,fm,dvd/ld/tv/sat. And all of those work, well the ones that I have plugged in, like TV works and so does the radio. All my speakers work, I have 4 speakers and a center channel and a sub, which all work. I have the RCA's from my computer hooked up into the CD port on my reciever because I do not have a cd player hooked up, so why not put it there.

ok....this is getting WAY more complicated than it needs to be......see, this guy doesn't want surround sound....he had it and was unhappy because his rear speakers were not as loud as the front ones (they're supposed to be like that with surround sound). What the guy wants is just MORE speakers........but we're not talking about the connection from his computer output, because he's already getting sound from the computer to his normal stereo reciever.........So, once again, I'll say it:
Make sure you have normal extra speakers.......make sure you have extra speaker wire........if you can't follow the instructions for "piggybacking" the speakers (the 3 ways described above) then go to radio shack and ask them how to piggyback speakers.....if your stereo reciever does not use standard speakerwire, then just buy a splitter for the type of wire you need......it's that easy (really, really, easy)

Yes, I know how to piggy back speakers. I think what everyone is forgetting is that I am using a surround sound reciever and not just a stero reciever. If I piggy back the speakers wont that take away from the surround sound for when I want to watch movies. I dont want to be spilcing and unsplicing wires together everytime I want to switch back and forth. And also, I have no place to hook up the speaker wire. I only have RCA ports in which to connect things. I do have the normal ports to connect speakers wire which is from my surround sound.

jer-181 said:
My reciever has different things you can pick from such as, Cd player, TV, Cdr/tape, vcr/dvr,am,fm,dvd/ld/tv/sat. And all of those work, well the ones that I have plugged in, like TV works and so does the radio. All my speakers work, I have 4 speakers and a center channel and a sub, which all work. I have the RCA's from my computer hooked up into the CD port on my reciever because I do not have a cd player hooked up, so why not put it there.

It might be something like phono in.I have pre dvd books that describe the difference in ohm's.aux is the best choice or tape,2ndvcr.Don't be stubborn and at least try it.You might also have a bum cable.
You need an ohm meter to test it.
Sorry black rings concern something else.
:eek:

Thats for the tip, I tried switching it into the Tape one, but still nothing, and as far as a ohm meter, I wouldnt even know what to do or what to be looking for, me is just a rookie!

oops

MusicMakesDaMan said:
ok....this is getting WAY more complicated than it needs to be......see, this guy doesn't want surround sound....he had it and was unhappy because his rear speakers were not as loud as the front ones (they're supposed to be like that with surround sound). What the guy wants is just MORE speakers........but we're not talking about the connection from his computer output, because he's already getting sound from the computer to his normal stereo reciever.........So, once again, I'll say it:
Make sure you have normal extra speakers.......make sure you have extra speaker wire........if you can't follow the instructions for "piggybacking" the speakers (the 3 ways described above) then go to radio shack and ask them how to piggyback speakers.....if your stereo reciever does not use standard speakerwire, then just buy a splitter for the type of wire you need......it's that easy (really, really, easy)

YES he does want surround,so you aren't helping a bit and maybe only confusseing more.Whats extra wire got to do with this ? His speakers are connected.Are you saying there not ? and he needs more wire ?

He has 5.1 with his home system.It worked for me and i'll solve this yet.:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom