Surround - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set up the speaker , I really like the sound.
I have a question though , is it OK if configure the Rear L and R to be louder then the Front and Center ? Cause I can't really hear them as much as the front. All the speakers are at 0 dbA. So if the Rears will be at 0dba< . The menu has -5dba to 5dba, what should I configure the rears to ?

Preacher,

Yes you should adjust the speakers so that they all sound equal. I know that some DVD's have the THX setup menu thing. While it is not highly recommended by many to use it. I have used it to get all my speaker outputs the same. I would suggest you try it so that you can get the same sound out of all your speakers for where you listen to them most.

Cheers,
Mak

Alright , since I don't have a screen in my room ill go downstairs and connect the DVD to the LCD and add +1dbA to the rears , and i'll recheck the sound.

Basically what mak said, but i tend to have (in our living room) it a little louder. The side speakers at +4dB, and rears +2dB Gives that effect when i plane goes my it actually roars right past your head, and then the rears are quiter so it sounds like there going away. But because there further away there only slightly louder than the front 2 speakers.

Basically what mak said, but i tend to have (in our living room) it a little louder. The side speakers at +4dB, and rears +2dB Gives that effect when i plane goes my it actually roars right past your head, and then the rears are quiter so it sounds like there going away. But because there further away there only slightly louder than the front 2 speakers.

you should know better than that oreo. you are trying to be an audiophile you should know what the effect of doing that will cause

Hi Preacher! You have nice room. Have you place all your equipment? You have to manage your speaker's resources carefully. I've faced a bad problem with my speaker, because it burnt out.

you should know better than that oreo. you are trying to be an audiophile you should know what the effect of doing that will cause

Nope - i am not aware of any effect this causes :p To me it sounded good. As i am trying to eventually become more adept with my audio knowledge, i would appreciate an explanation of what this does ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom