Stupid Lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a very Hard language even if you are Greek, I have 90% at it, but it is really difficult to achieve it.

First of there is an idiot polytonic form where you set the tone for each word with the symbols ΄ & ~. Secondly there are tenses categories like Real ,Imperative, Submitive (imperative's opposite), Eutic and Infinitive. There are also 3 voices. Active, Middle and Passive. Middle is like Passive in Modern Greek and English. While Passive is used for causative form not like what you know verbs are used in a different way. ETC

Besides the above, I like Ancient Greek, however, I don't like being taught sth that I will forget at 100% in a year after finishing high school.

Furthermore I didn't talk about ancient text, in Historiography we get most translated, sometimes we have to translate a paragraph or more. Historiography is about how the writers wrote the History and we read their texts in a 300page book.

Everyone can learn Ancient Greek, but has to understand some basic things of German that will indeed help to learn Ancient Greek.

And now the good news for me at least, Schools in Greece always do start at 09/11:D . Hehe, does this mean sth to you?

Why we don't have ancient greek :(
Instead we got swedish, grr.
Only 2% of our population speak it natively!

However, 0% of our population speaks Ancient Greek natively, despite what we are told. Perhaps 0,01% some people really stuck on those.

Careers studies. Religeous Edutcation, History, Health and Social Care. Geography. Maths without a calculator.

Careers studies: every lesson you right down things that employers are looking for

RE: I hate RE its a load of bollocks

History: Why should i care about the past, your teaching me to suceed in my future, not my past.

Health and Social Care: If im not healthy i wouldnt be here, if i wasnt social i wudnt be here. If i wanted to be a social worker i still wudnt be here, because its not a qualification needed for the job.

Geography: I dont care why volcanoes erupt, and i dont care why Wales is hilly, and wether india has more rainfall per month than japan. All i care about is when the lessons going to end.

Maths without a calculator: Why would i ever need to figure out the square root of A squared without a calculator, why would i even need to know it any way.

some things are pointless...some things are useful...
the system needs to make it wholey more logical or modular...you take what is logically required for branch of learning, and nothing you don't want.

but it's all about money...ever really think about it? Why are you forced to pick an elective if it's an elective? lol

Assuming most of us are from the US or even if not...I was born in another country besides the US, we came here and learned english. I have my native language and english. I see english as the official language of the US, thanks to good ole history ;). I don't want to be forced to elect a language just because. If I want to, that should be a free option I choose.

money...they can think of a lot of things for you to spend your edu money on. I'm sure you've seen those classes like "golfing", etc etc

Anything you can think of, even absurdly silly, chances are some institution has it as a course. Fundamentals of comic books anyone?

Well learning about our past is to avoid doing the same mistakes again and take all the good things from those civillisation. Furthermore our culture is based on older one's. Anyway I also hate history when it is a load of globalised crap. We do both Greek and national history.

mssssee2 said:
First of there is an idiot polytonic form where you set the tone for each word with the symbols ΄ & ~. Secondly there are tenses categories like Real ,Imperative, Submitive (imperative's opposite), Eutic and Infinitive. There are also 3 voices. Active, Middle and Passive. Middle is like Passive in Modern Greek and English. While Passive is used for causative form not like what you know verbs are used in a different way. ETC

Yeah, I know. I am a student of the bible. I would love to be educated in Koine Greek. Instead, I have to rely on the works of others who were.

Actually, History comes in handy. Ever watch Jeopardy? Most of its questions are history. And, as Mikey said, we can learn from the past so as to not repeat the mistakes made in the past.

Here in the US, we are taught US and world history. I am sure the US history taught here is much different than the US history taught elsewhere. Probably the same can be said for world history as well. Most text books have become very liberal (like our public education system) and tend to take liberties with it or to highlight what they want highlighted. The history my daughter was taught was very different from the history I was taught. Same country, same past, but still very different.

KMAN, you might whine about doing math w/o a calc, but it is something you need to know. Otherwise, you remain tethered to a calc and are ignorant without it. I did my entire senior year w/o one, and I was in a heavy math concentration. It wasn't easy, but it kept me from being bored.

I think the requirement for 2 semesters of a foreign language to get into a 4yr university is a bit pointless. I just don't really have the room in my schedule for spanish... but I guess I will have to try to fit it in.

Yeah, I know. I am a student of the bible. I would love to be educated in Koine Greek. Instead, I have to rely on the works of others who were.

Koine Greek which means common Greek in free translation in Greek is rather easy and you could easily get educated on that I may find some tutorials about it in English. We were educated Koine Greek in Intermediate school, now we do Thukidedes's whose language is really difficult and more complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom