Stupid Lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mssssee2

Graphic Designer
Well, let's post here lessons that we think that do not offer anything to education.

I'll start :

First of, Ancient historiography (Herodotus, Xenophon, Thukididis)

4 hours of crap, why are we taught a dead language? I have to mention that 35% of it is ancient and we have to translate.

Secondly Ancient greek grammar, I know I don't like Ancient, I've studied today 1 hour only ancient greek, my eyes hurt.

I like Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Literature & IT.

It depends what kind of education you are trying to achieve.

For me, anything to do with History is useless because I just don't care. Call me close-minded, whatever... History is pointless to me.

It's ok, i graduated college back in 01 and about 90% of the CRAP and i do mean crap that i was forced to "learn" (read: memorize for tests) is long gone from my brain. The college industry really is a racket to fleece teens out of money by requiring them to take tons of "basics" that will never be used in the real world. Theres a reason its called a BS degree. Also, More of the Same, and Piled Higher and Deeper.

Actually, ancient Greek would be of benefit to me, but that's just me.

Actually, ancient Greek would be of benefit to me, but that's just me.

It is a very Hard language even if you are Greek, I have 90% at it, but it is really difficult to achieve it.

First of there is an idiot polytonic form where you set the tone for each word with the symbols ΄ & ~. Secondly there are tenses categories like Real ,Imperative, Submitive (imperative's opposite), Eutic and Infinitive. There are also 3 voices. Active, Middle and Passive. Middle is like Passive in Modern Greek and English. While Passive is used for causative form not like what you know verbs are used in a different way. ETC

Besides the above, I like Ancient Greek, however, I don't like being taught sth that I will forget at 100% in a year after finishing high school.

Furthermore I didn't talk about ancient text, in Historiography we get most translated, sometimes we have to translate a paragraph or more. Historiography is about how the writers wrote the History and we read their texts in a 300page book.

Everyone can learn Ancient Greek, but has to understand some basic things of German that will indeed help to learn Ancient Greek.

And now the good news for me at least, Schools in Greece always do start at 09/11:D . Hehe, does this mean sth to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom